Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbtune.com

These guys seem pretty amazing.

I placed an order for a vacuum sync tool, and then went about searching the forum here on how to sync my carbs - that's when I noticed that I should get a carbtool to make life easier.

A few hours later I ordered the carbtool (and some colortunes) and I think to myself "oh well... a few extra dollars for shipping and maybe some customs issues but all in all it's ok".

So a short time after that I get a personal email from a person at cartune.com noticing that I placed two orders close together and he was asking if I wanted to put the order together. I was amazed at the personal service and thought (and wrote back) "sure".

Then I get another personal message back saying "no problem... the items will be shipped in one pack...

I'm just saying - the responses were immediate, informative, and made me feel like I was dealing with a "real store". It was a very good experience.

"Thumbs Up" for carbtune.com

Bought mine about 3 months ago and of the two other types of units I have bought and used this is by far the best. Cost if I remember correctly was $79.00. Thats pretty much what I had paid for the other units that over time proved they were just junk. Another item that turned out to be junk was my Motion Pro carb sync. tool. The socket portion was so thin walled it tore during my last use. Any one out there have a different type that is more heavy duty??

Comment

Another item that turned out to be junk was my Motion Pro carb sync. tool. The socket portion was so thin walled it tore during my last use
      Interesting that you mention this as I just picked up one locally yesterday and I was thinking the same thing when I looked at it. I have 1/4" drive sockets that are much sturdier. I was thinking that if and when it breaks, I would braze on a better socket. I am actually planning on tweaking the carbs on the GS this weekend so I guess i'll see how it holds up.

The Carbtune is a nice piece of kit as our Limey bros say. Easy to set up and use. The only wish I would have is that the vacuum barbs came like the one from Z1 i.e. metal.

I have some extra cap screws that will fit and I plan on drilling them and adding brass tubes to make my own copies (cheaper to order I know but I do like to fiddle)....someday in the future.

Thanks for sharing the good news. They seem like a good crew maybe we should approach them and see if a bulk buy could be arranged for our fellow GSers? Good luck on your tuneup. Let us know how it goes for you.

Cheers,
      Spyug.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

i purchased the carbtune and colortuner last summer. Arrived about 7 days later. Great shipping.
        1979 GS850G
        2004 SV650N track bike
        2005 TT-R125 pit bike
        LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

SPYUG: I know you will enjoy using the carbtune unit , I enjoyed the non metalic adapters due to no heat transfered to them during tuning and can be removed as soon as tuning is finished. Also if they become a little snug to remove afterwards the slot at the end of each adapter for the use of a flat tip screwdriver comes in handy. My MOTION PRO carb sync tool became inop after only six or seven tuning projects. Your idea on brazing a better socket on the end of it, gave me the thought of simply drilling through the center of the handle on a common nut driver,it would work in most cases. A longer nut driver would be needed for some carbs.

Comment

I ordered a Carbtune about 6 months, maybe a year, ago. About $80, came in about a week……..great. Don’t really know how to use, haven’t read the instructions. My bike runs great, but I’m sure it’d run better if I would use it. I really need to do this. And maybe install the SS brake lines that sit on a top shelf mocking me………..
            "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

+1 on the great service from Carbtune. I put in an order for a Carbtune Pro today and within an hour (must have been 7pm Ireland time) had a response back from Sean Morgan.

I'm looking forward to it's arrival in a couple of weeks so I can finish tuning my carbs. They also sell a carb adjuster tool on their website that looked robust so I ordered one of those, too.
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I got one about four months ago. during my rebuild. broke the pistons and rings and cam in and then did a carb sync. After reading all the posts and then getting set up. I was able to sync in about 2 to 3 min. with just the gas in the carbs. I bougth the sync tool also. It was probably the easiest setting I ever did to a bike. And +1 on the guys at Carbtune. Mine took a little longer to get ot me but they kept up good communication.

Comment

Hi,

I'm really glad I bought the Morgan Carbtune as well as their carb tool. Have a look (PDF file):

Synchronize Carburetors
                  (With the Morgan Carbtune)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I just got mineAfter a few problems trying trying to pay for it with PayPal then having other thing take up the $$ needed it finally came together.Used an international money order at one of the employees suggestion.The whole thing was less than 3 weeks via snail mail.Nice piece of kit for sure

Comment

I've had a set of these for a while now, there excellent.

Comment

Working...
                      X