Fox Creek made in USA leathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox Creek made in USA leathers

Recently purchased a new leather jacket to go with my new to me 1978 GS750C (as good excuse as any, right?) from Fox Creek Leather located in Virgina.

I have 2 Vanson jackets so I am aware of what a quaity jacket is or should be, and also have had a few that were not worth the price despite the popular name (A* and Shift...)and have to say that the jacket I now wear from Fox Creek is my favorite ever.

Two years or so ago I was looking for a new leather wallet (stay with me...) and came across Fox Creek. Really. Bought one of their made in USA of thick leather wallets as it was on sale for 20.00 or so with shipping and it has worn like iron. So, when I started looking for a new jacket I remembered my wallet and gave them a look. So glad I did.

This jacket, I got the "Grayson Motorcycle Jacket" with armor added, is incredible on its own, but even more so when the $$ is figured in. The leather is THICK, and already soft and taking to my manly curves unlike my Vanson's that are still stiff as a board after 4 seasons. The stitching and detail is top notch and the included liner is the best i have had yet. Even comes with a neck warmer.

The good:
    * Excellent leather that will save my hide- 1.4mm-1.6mm naked leather.
    * Attention to detail is beyond any jacket I have ever owned
    * The fit is a bit less sporty than any I have had yet, a + as I get older.
    * Multiple interior/exterior pockets, and a few vents.
    * Removable liner is excellent as is the sewn in lining of the jacket.

The bad:
    * She is a heavy jacket. Heavy. 1.4mm-1.6mm....did I say heavy?
    * Vents could be bigger. Hot at 85F +
    * Wish it had some perforations in the leather.

And, it is made in the USA. That is a huge plus to me as I see so many out of work (like me at the moment) and will go out of my way to buy a quality USA made product, always have. Yes, I now ride a Japanese bike but did buy a Buell in '07. That bike had rims that said Made In CHINA so there you go...

If you are looking for an excellent quality and not TOO expensive jacket (mine was 5 bones w/armor delivered) this is a company to consider. A good bike jacket will last forever, and as I am a AGATT kind of fella a wise investment. I hate cheap kit.

Here is what I bought:

Our top selling all season men's leather motorcycle jacket with a clean design. Made in the USA and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

By the way, I will be posting a really nice Vanson size 44 for sale in a day or so. Black and red...

Nice.

I've been scoping their "Commander" jacket for a while, it looks awesome. I've just not been able to put the scratch together.

Comment

I've had a Fox Creek jacket, pants & chaps since 2003. No problems whatsoever, but yes, they are heavy. If I hang my coat on the back of our kitchen chairs, it pulls them over! Well worth the bucks.

Comment

Working...
      X