G&S Suzuki taking a long time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G&S Suzuki taking a long time?

I ordered some intake boots and o-rings a little over a week ago from G&S in Texas. I emailed Zach to ask if i would be notified of shipping date and he curtly replied that he would email me when it ships. Still haven't heard anything and i have had bad luck with Dennis Kirk via UPS and Bike Bandit via USPS...

Is this normal? Anyone else ordered from G&S lately?

I don't want to annoy the guy if this is just a slow process/small distributor etc. But my bike is my only means of transpo and i'm really tired of hitching rides everywhere!

Thanks,

It took two weeks to receive my order and it was short shipped. It's been two weeks since he said he reordered the short ship. He called to say he put it in mail but haven't seen it yet (been 4 days).

Zach first said my initial order was sent USPS which I though strange since it was $250, but received by UPS. Zach's emails are somewhat vague sometimes, maybe have to call him.

John

Comment

Originally posted by thewiz View Post
      It took two weeks to receive my order and it was short shipped. It's been two weeks since he said he reordered the short ship. He called to say he put it in mail but haven't seen it yet (been 4 days).

Zach first said my initial order was sent USPS which I though strange since it was $250, but received by UPS. Zach's emails are somewhat vague sometimes, maybe have to call him.

John
      FUN! thanks for the info John

Comment

They just sent me an email saying my fork seals aren't going to be shipped until next week.I'm considering canceling my order.

Comment

They just sent me an email saying my fork seals aren't going to be shipped until next week.I'm considering canceling my order.
          All balls racings sells decent quality fork seals and dust boots for our bikes, no need to use OEM.

Shop AllBallsRacing.com for Bearings, Seals, Cables, Harley Starters & More! We carry replacement parts to keep your Motorcycle, ATV, Dirt Bike, UTV, Snowmobile, Scooter or Harley running smoothly! We sell kits for all major OEM manufacturers!

Comment

If I need something fast my local Suzuki dealer is not cheap but before I even pay for the order they tell me when they can have it. I submit a list of part numbers / descriptions on line.

I have only had one item they could not have by Thursday from an order on Tues (closed Monday). If it is in the LA warehouse it is in SB in no more than 2 days.

That item was a 1/2 ring retaining clip for the transmission counter shaft seal.

I dont order from Bike bandit because they can not tell you if and when they can get a part till after you order and then you have to cancel that part from your order.

I use Partsshark (formerly Flatout) as they seem to be the cheapest if I can wait.

Comment

Over the years I've had excellent customer service and shipping from Dennis Kirk but it's mostly been snowmobile parts if that makes a difference. I just placed my first BikeBandit order (even after reading mixed reviews on this forum) but I knew one part was delayed shipping before the order because I did the online chat and had them check availability.
              Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2010, 02:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Well Update.

Monday will be 2 weeks since placing my order and still nothing. I've emailed twice now simply asking for an ETA or any sort of correspondence since these people $130 of my hard earned money and i haven't received any reply. I'm going to get to a phone and call on Monday and will most likely be canceling my order! Its unfortunate but i need these parts or i walk...

Comment

So i woke up this morning ready to flex nuts on G&S Suzuki and call up and give a what-for and cancel my order. But FIRST i had to look up the number via the website and decided, for kicks, to look up my order status. It said that my parts had shipped on the 26th. Lo and behold i went to check the mail box this afternoon and there were my beautiful intake boots in a pretty little USPS box with $4.50 or so marked as postage (musta been a lot of time spent handling to take up the other eleven fitty). Well I'll be...

take it or leave it folks.

i got my boots.

Comment

I also ordered my intake tubes and o-rings from G&S. I placed the order on March 1 and received them on March 14. Could have gotten them from the local dealer a week earlier and $50 more.
                    1982 GS1100GL Citrus County, FL

a rare outsider and was only built until 1983. Who still has one, it gives her so little.

Comment

I ordered a couple of intake boots, base gasket, and some other tidbits on Sunday. So they couldn't have ordered them from their Suzuki distributor until Monday. Well I got them today (Friday) and they shipped them on Wednesday priority mail. Really I couldn't ask for any better. Probably would have taken my local Suzi dealer just as long to get the parts (they mimic BikeBandit's prices).

I ordered some AMP plus a couple of OEM $2 spacers from BikeBandit a couple of weeks ago. It also took them two days to ship, but the UPS ground from Cali -> VA took MUCH longer. If I'd known I needed to tear down the top end I'd have waited and ordered the spacers from G&S.

Comment

Working...
                      X