No announcement yet.

Winter Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at a Polaris dealer the other day and they had several pair of snowmobile gloves that looked real nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Diaz
      I use Vetter Hippo Hands, which allows me to continue wearing summer gloves throughout the year. Go to eBay, search under "Vetter", and you may find a set of Hippos for sale. They really do the job.

I just got my Hippos down from the attic. Ready to go on the handlebars at a moment's notice. All I have to do is remove the mirrors, slip the Hippos on, and velcro them tight. No more cold hands.

By the way, I wear cheap leather gloves I find at Walmart or any hardware store -- year round.

The Hippo Hands were a Christmas present when I still had the Moto Guzzi, back in the early 80's. They still work just fine.

Nick

I am inclined to agree with Nick.

I bought a new set of these, and put them on the 1100G. I have no real complaint about them, but only used them once.

I have superbike bars with a greater drawback than the standard bars. The hippohands have adjustable velcro locks to accommodate mirrors, etc., but just did not feel right for me, so I took them off.

No question about the job they do....they worked VERY well. I rode for about a half hour before my hands got cold. That may not seem great, but the temperature was a few degrees below freezing at the time, and I was not wearing gloves.
      "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

If you have a Target nearby, they have a set of gauntlet style ski gloves that have a cinch strap on the wrist as well as a velcro strap. These gloves also have pockets in the tops for hand warmers, but I use mine for toll road change. They are fleece lined and VERY warm, all fingers and the palm have a rubber texture and grip really well. They are not clumsy at all, and I feel absolutely no wind at speed. Did a 30 degree test run at 70mph and felt nothing cold.

Best of all - They are only $10.99

Comment

Working...
        X