The Helmet Source.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Helmet Source.com

I just ordered me a set of saddle bags from these guys. they are Firstgear Silverstone Saddlebags. They were dirt cheap. Shipping wasn't bad either. As soon as they get hear I will let you all know how they are and how long the shipping took. Heres a link to the bags I bought.

I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Those are nice. They look like the Cortech ones I have in my garage, but less expensive.
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Well I got an e-mail from them monday stating they they were out of stock and that they had cancelled my order. I got on their website the next day to find that they were still for sale but at a price of 134.99 instead of the 69.00 price they had advertised the day I bought mine.

I'm thinking that they weren't out of stock but that someone had screwed up on the pricing. I wont try to order anything else from this company.
      I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
      1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

I would have called to see if they were in stock after I received that email. They don't say out of stock when I was checking them out of course didn't give them my credit card info so never went through. Make a complaint maybe if you complain enough they will give them to you for that price. Squeaky wheel gets oiled.

That seems to be standard practice for a lot of internet companies now. One store will price match and and give you a coupon for 5% or if they can't match it the will give you a coupon for 10%. Had them price match a set of tires and then they wanted to sell the tubes on a different order. I would have to pay a ridiculous amount of shipping that was way more than the offset of the price match was. Told them to keep the tubes I will get them locally and I am still waiting for my 5% off coupon.
        Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2011, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Total jerks! I'd definitely do some complaining. But that new price is right up there with the price I paid for my Cortech one.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
          X