motion pro syncpro manometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselhead View Post
    Yeah, thanks anyway though. Is it true that older bikes have higher vacuum like the person above said? I had my RPMs down around 1100 when it sucked the fluid out both times (with the screws turned all the way out counter-clockwise). I just ordered a carbtune, there goes $100 I wish I had better spent. The things we do for these bikes...
    You do have the restricters in the tubes, correct?
    I never had mine even come close to sucking out the fluid.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

????? You did remember to plug the petcock vacuum ? that will screw up the readings making it impossible to sync

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        You do have the restricters in the tubes, correct?
        I never had mine even come close to sucking out the fluid.
        Me neither. That would be a LOT of suction.

The restricters (also called 'snubbers') will not change the reading, simply slow down the response of the manometer, to even out the bouncing around. I don't have a Morgan (one on order), but I bet it also has restricters built into it.

NOTE: You CANNOT use water in place of the mercury (or the mercury 'substitute') in the Motion Pro or the Morgan. The suction is simply too high. Not saying anyone has done that - just a piece of advice in case you were thinking about it.

Comment

My antique uses ball bearings.

Comment

My antique Motion Pro uses 4 vacuum gauges! Works the same, issue free, every single time! Ray

Comment

Yes, I plugged the vacuum and also put the restrictors in. I was very careful about it. I went ahead and ordered the Morgan Carbtune. What's another $100, right? *facepalm*

Comment

These are expensive but the digital sync tool from Vacuum Mate works great and also does diagnostic testing on valve and piston compression. You can dial up three differant settings of vacuume. They are around $700 and it WORKS!!! You can make your $$$ back very fast by syncronizing some friends bikes. Ask chef1366 how it works and he will rave about it. You will always have friends if you have one of these badass machines in your shop. Mine has paid for itself 10 times over (in cash).
                Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2013, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stiksave View Post
                  My antique uses ball bearings.

OMG! It's the synch gauge from the Suzuki factory shop manual!! Never seen one before. Very steampunk!
                  Currently bikeless
                  '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                  '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
                    Me neither. That would be a LOT of suction.

The restricters (also called 'snubbers') will not change the reading, simply slow down the response of the manometer, to even out the bouncing around. I don't have a Morgan (one on order), but I bet it also has restricters built into it.

NOTE: You CANNOT use water in place of the mercury (or the mercury 'substitute') in the Motion Pro or the Morgan. The suction is simply too high. Not saying anyone has done that - just a piece of advice in case you were thinking about it.
                    Well, you could use water in place of mercury, but your gauge would need to be about 10 feet tall since 1 centimeter of mercury is equal to about 5.35 inches of water. LOL
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

A big +1 on the Morgan Carbtune. Synching for carbs with it takes less than 60 seconds
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                      X