do not buy from atvgalaxy on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do not buy from atvgalaxy on ebay

I recently bought a dynatek dyna2000 ignition kit from atvgalaxy on ebay, they claimed to have 10 in stock and 2-3 days in your hands. after the first week went by i finally called them, a lady told me they were sent out yesterday they should be there at the end of the week. the end of week 2 comes, no parts still. monday i called again and got the manager, he told me he normally does have them in, however since my bike is a 850 they had to order it because the pickup coils are different. week 3 i finally get a shipping confirmation, early week 4 i get my part, and right on the front of the box it says "77-83 gs750-1100", so the parts was the same as the ones he supposedly had in already and it was more bs. the price was only $20 cheaper than the next place, but cost me 3-4 weeks of riding time, when i couldve gotton it from many other sources w/in a reasonable amount of time. dont buy from them unless you cant afford the few extra dollars, and dont need it this month. i looked up their reviews and its the most common complaint they have, they claim to have it in stock, but really dont.

??? I've bought a number of things from them and had zero problems and fast delivery too.
    Luck of the draw I guess...

Comment

crap, i wish I read this before i purchased..... I should have ordered from Z1....
      -Mark
      Boston, MA
      Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
      sigpic
      1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Just recieved merch. Just over a week late...
        -Mark
        Boston, MA
        Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
        sigpic
        1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

There are several vendors constantly mentioned on this board (Z1 is one of them) where people always sing praises about their service. Yet people here still try to save a couple $$ by buying from the cheapest vendor they can find on ebay, and complain when something goes wrong.

Many "ebay stores" are nothing more than some guy and his wife working out of their basement by ordering out of a Parts Unlimited catalog when they get your purchase. They are counting on their vendors to have the item in stock to fulfill the order rapidly.

They don't have a warehouse to maintain and pay rent and taxes on, they don't have employees to pay, they don't have a website that needs maintenance and updating. The only thing they have is a 30% discount from a couple wholesalers in the motorsports industry. That's it.

You get what you pay for.
          sigpic

SUZUKI:
          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Working...
          X