Nelson Rigg SLR-30 Sport Saddlebags on $ 89.00 CLOSEOUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nelson Rigg SLR-30 Sport Saddlebags on $ 89.00 CLOSEOUT

I snagged a set of these - anyone else use them ?

24 liters per side -

I had picked up a like new Nelson Rigg tail bag a few months back so this makes a nice amount of storage for me.

Those look a lot like my old set I used on the 850 and the GSX1100G, the things are huge! They were too big for the SV and I sold them. Great bang for the buck!
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I had them in my cart and backed out. Just too big for my small bike, but I really liked the feature set.

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
        Those look a lot like my old set I used on the 850 and the GSX1100G, the things are huge! They were too big for the SV and I sold them. Great bang for the buck!
        They also have the smaller sport version for a little less.

I wanted bigger on purpose.

Comment

They look great. I have the smaller ones but wish I had those for my 850 GL.

Comment

Thanks for the headsup on these. Looks like Christmas is coming early for this ol boy. I placed my order a few minutes ago.
            Willie
            Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
            '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
            '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
            '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Great deal, i have the CL-950 on the Bandit, good fit and great for everyday use,the bummer was they sun faded from Black to Navy in about a week?
              sigpic

RIP..Buster my buddy, i'll leave the door open just in case!

Comment

Ah, good to know. I wonder if Scotchguard is also a UV protectorant. If so, I'll be sure to give it a good coat.
                Willie

Present Stable includes:

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
                  Ah, good to know. I wonder if Scotchguard is also a UV protectorant. If so, I'll be sure to give it a good coat.
                  Willie
                  I Don't know, give it a shot.
                  It was dissapointing to see these bags fade so quickly, but what can ya do?
                  sigpic

Comment

Another idea is to take advantage of their no hassle guarantee every so often
                    Willie

Present Stable includes:

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
                      Another idea is to take advantage of their no hassle guarantee every so often
                      Willie
                      I will look into that, i purchased the bags from an EBay vendor, new with all the warranty stuff included, so maybe i'll shoot NR an email? see what they say?
                      sigpic

Comment

I only use mine a few days per year so the fading is not very fast on mine.

The UV protect spray is a great thought still.

For daily rides I wear a backpack or messenger bag.

Comment

Well long time getting back to this, but Nelson Rigg told me they would replace my cl950 bags if i paid the shipping both ways from Ontario Kanadah to Kalifornica! no quibble my arse, dissapointed is putting it mildly.
                          sigpic

Comment

I bought a couple Nelson Rigg tank bags from Dennis Kirk close outs on E Bay. The description said they were display models or something, but they were brand new. I don't leave them on long enough to worry about fade. I'm pretty happy with them for around $45 apiece. I would buy the bags.
                            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                            X