No announcement yet.

Bad Buying Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like I should have been more aware of this member's performance.

My post for the part was very clear stating a speed sensor reed switch "in the speedometer" (the reed switch is that tiny glass tube inside the speedometer that create current pulses as the speedometer turns so that the signal processor can know when to turn off signal light) nothing about the axel gear/cable drive. He either doesn't know his GS bikes and parts, or simple saw a fish to take.

Anyway, I should have also included a picture, but you would expect a "supplier" to do what it takes to correct the situation. Oh well, he got my beer money for a week or two!

Comment

Originally posted by Flywheel View Post
      (the reed switch is that tiny glass tube inside the speedometer that create current pulses as the speedometer turns so that the signal processor can know when to turn off signal light)
      A small correction if I may. The reed switch is a simple make or break set of contacts. It does not create current, rather it allows current to flow.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by Flywheel View Post
        It sounds like I should have been more aware of this member's performance.

My post for the part was very clear stating a speed sensor reed switch "in the speedometer" (the reed switch is that tiny glass tube inside the speedometer that create current pulses as the speedometer turns so that the signal processor can know when to turn off signal light) nothing about the axel gear/cable drive. He either doesn't know his GS bikes and parts, or simple saw a fish to take.

Anyway, I should have also included a picture, but you would expect a "supplier" to do what it takes to correct the situation. Oh well, he got my beer money for a week or two!
        You guys need to remember something, there are people selling stuff on motorcycle forums & other forums for that matter who don't know sh&t about what they are selling. They do it to save 10-12% ebay fees and figure it may be easier (and more profitable) to sell a part on a "For Sale" thread to people who really are into the whatever it is they are into.

There is a guy here who sells GS parts on this forum, and on another forum he sells another brand part and yet another forum another brand part, you get the idea. Also, he doesn't do pics either....I have asked. You pay, you get parts, thats that. It must work for him.

The guy in question with the part issue may be dealing with just such a guy. Be real nice if the deadbeat list was alive and well but apparently it isn't

Comment

Rustybronco is correct that the switch does not create current only switches on and off to create pulses for processor to monitor. thanks for noting that. it is a pretty simple switch but very functional for many uses.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            There have been some threads unfortunately perhaps in the for sale section. Liberman, did pull a classic number on Nick (niclpnutl). A buy for a 1100ED clutch was agreed; Nick even sent Lieberman a clutch puller to remove it. Liberman apparently used the puller to remove two clutches and then sold them for more money after he found out how much they were worth. Damaged the puller in the process and just sent back the broken puller back to Nick. Real class that is.

There are more. I just did a search with "Lieberman" in the post; this shows up right away

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...an#post1865464
            None of those links work

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
              None of those links work
              Probably were in the for sale area as previously mentioned

Comment

Working...
              X