JWhelan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JWhelan

I recently purchased from Joe a set of 83 gs1100 black powder coated rims and a Lockhart oil cooler. I recieved the rims and the cooler promptly. He did forget to include the bracket I needed for the cooler to adapt to my bike and the hub for the rear rim. I sent a pm to Joe and after looking for the hub he couldn't find it. So he powder coated another hub and sent me the bracket with it.
    Thank you Joe, a pleasure doing business with you.
    AZR gave me a hand putting on the cooler tonight, while Eddie21 drank beer.
    No signature

Joe is a great guy but you might want to reroute those oil lines

Comment

I have bought A LOT of stuff from Joe. Always grade A stuff.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Joe is a great guy but you might want to reroute those oil lines
        Ya, we were worried about how close the lines are to the headers.We moved them around a bit to try and get a better angle but they are still pretty close. We were hoping it wouldn't be a problem but are you thinking it will be?
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Hey now! I didn't just drink beer... I spent a lot of time laughing at you two goofs!

IBA# 12860
          Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
          1984 KZ1100R
          2008 Kawasaki KLR650
          2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!

cg
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
              Hey now! I didn't just drink beer... I spent a lot of time laughing at you two goofs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS2sa...ature=youtu.be
              Hahaha...thanks for posting the video Glenn..that was fun.
              No signature

Comment

AWESOME...with a capital 'A'. How can life be boring eh? Almost sounds like a Delorean.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                  AWESOME...with a capital 'A'. How can life be boring eh? Almost sounds like a Delorean.
                  That is the best sounding oil cooler I have ever heard.

Comment

A +1 to JWhelan being a great seller,just installed the instrument glass he sent me.

Comment

Joe is a class act for sure, one of the best on the forum!
                      Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                      87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                      99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                      15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

It's always a pleasure to work with Joe and V J Moto. It seems as if we're running on the same frequency when it comes to restos.

Comment

Working...
                        X