Ladies Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies Gloves

My eldest received her 16th birthday gift about 6 months early today (more on that to come later once we have it actually on the property but it is a GS) and so we need to upgrade some of her gear. She'll be getting a new helmet in the next few months as her current one is becoming too tight. But I'm unsure of what sort of gloves to get her. Does anyone have good suggestions for ladies gloves or are they pretty similar to the men's in fit and protection?
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Seems like everyone has lady gloves on closeout.....

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Best thing would be to take her in to a local dealer and try things on. Gloves are not something you can buy on-line, I don't think. They need to be test fit. Awrong size can be hell and super annoying on a ride.

I'll fitting kit can be more than annoying, it can kill you. all your attention should be on riding not on the gloves that are chaffing or pinching. Just saying.

Comment

Female hand shape is a little different, so it does need to be a ladies' glove. Other than that, I would think you'd just get her the same protection you have, or better. Like spyug says, you have to go try them on. Even doing that I've had a pair or two I learned to hate.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
          Female hand shape is a little different, so it does need to be a ladies' glove. Other than that, I would think you'd just get her the same protection you have, or better. Like spyug says, you have to go try them on. Even doing that I've had a pair or two I learned to hate.
          Ain't that the truth. Even small men's gloves don't fit well and I used them for years simply because it was hard to find ladies riding gloves back in the 80s.

Comment

Thanks all; I had planned to go out to Iron Pony over the next few months and get some for her but wanted to know if there were any differences I should think of.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
            X