EBAY PWM Controller 12-24 5 and 8 amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EBAY PWM Controller 12-24 5 and 8 amps

I have been looking for a PWM controllers to power some heated clothing. The PWM controller will be controlled from a grip controlled switch.

This is the grip heater, with grip control and an external PWM controller. It is a cute unit even if the grip is a little hard.

My plan is to replace the limited PWM controller (about 3 amp maximum) with something more hefty (8 amps in the one below).

I received two (they are cheap), they both following the input voltage but only one had "full output PWM duty cycle( 90% max). The other would only go to 37%. I'm guessing it would be fixed, but I just reported it to the seller to see what happens. They are cheap and it is an experiment.

Anyway, while the boxes are relatively small, the controller board inside is actually quite small considering the power being carried. This could be remounted in a dash or other mounting plate to get dash light dimming or heater control or probably other things I cant think of at the moment.

For the small price, a good 12-24V 8 amp capacity device. Good sensitivity from 0-90%. The unit has a threshld so below a certain abount the PWM just stops.

If you use one of these remember the load ground has to be isolated from the supply ground. For LED's or heaters this is easy, jut tie those returns back through the device and not to a chassis ground. The tricky part is with a dash light dimmer. You have to segregate the grounds of the lights you plan to dim from the normal chassis ground. Not too tough just be careful.

This is another that works well, It is 12/24 at 5 amps. I think that means you can get either or but I'm actually not sure. It works at 15V I know that.

On this one PCB might actually be smaller but the pot is directly a fixed to the PCB. I'm actually going to fit this into my GS1100ED dash for LED brightness control while the 8A version will be for heaters.

Working...
X