Steve-O-Stator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve-O-Stator

I just received a reconditioned Stator from Steve today. It is definitely a high quality piece. I'm not sure of what kind of wire Steve used, it seems to be a oil resistant type. Not your run of the mill AutoZone wire. It even has a new rubber grommet. The price is very reasonable at $85 with your core. You can see the workmanship put into this part. Thank you Steve... Norm
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

I just bookmarked this. Nice to know

Comment

Hmm I wonder if he works for muffins?
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Is it too late to toss up a picture?
        I still have the original and even though I have replaced the R/R with a Honda unit, I still have this nagging voice in the back of my head whenever the Mrs & I venture out for more than a couple hundred miles. I've always had the mindset of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' although I do keep up on maintenance. Even though my charging system is doing fine and tests within specs, I read all these posts about the SH-775 series R/R and SSPB and other electrical upgrades I could make, and it just seems more and more sensible & practical to replace the old stuff with new components before I'm stranded somewhere out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
          Hmm I wonder if he works for muffins?
          You already know that I will RIDE for muffins.

Originally posted by Notz View Post
          Is it too late to toss up a picture?
          Here ya go, Scott.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I really need to send Steve two of my old stators, doesn't hurt to have a spare or two around.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Can you rewind any STATOR? I would be looking to get mine done at the end of season.
              Its from a gs400. And it there any modifications that you do to improve the performance of it.

Comment

Originally posted by GS(X)400 View Post
                Can you rewind any STATOR? I would be looking to get mine done at the end of season.
                Its from a gs400. And it there any modifications that you do to improve the performance of it.
                If it is an 18-pole stator for a GS, I have some in stock right now.

Note that shipping to Canada costs a bit extra, so it will be $100, shipped to your door.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Note that shipping to Canada costs a bit extra, so it will be $100, shipped to your door.

STILL a value at that price
                  '83 GS650G
                  '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

It is..will PM you at the end of the month after pay day..

Comment

Working...
                    X