Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parts Outlaw, looking better all the time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts Outlaw, looking better all the time.

I am working on getting my 850 ("Junior") back on the road. It is time to order a bunch of little parts. Most of my ordering lately has been with Parts Outlaw (formerly Boulevard Suzuki or Deland Motorsports), due to problems at G&S Suzuki that many of you others have also experienced.

This time, however, I found that Parts Outlaw has a pricing policy that has a minimum price of $2.49.
    Doing comparison shopping at G&S, I found I would save almost $40 on a $130 order.

I called Parts Outlaw and talked to Kelsey to see if she would look into it. Just a few minutes ago,
    Matt called me back to say they had matched all the prices and would be happy to place my order.

I have enjoyed their service and written communication on previous orders, but this is the first time I have talked to them on the phone and gotten direct service.

Great job, let's continue to support Parts Outlaw.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Excellent.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I've ordered the majority of my parts from PartsOutlaw while living in NM and have great rapport with Kelsey and Mike. My minimum expense is at least $25 and shipping has been under $8-$9 which isn't too painful for me to pay.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
        My minimum expense is at least $25 and shipping has been under $8-$9 which isn't too painful for me to pay.
        At the top of their order page, they say:

Eclusive Offer!
        $9.99 Flat Rate Shipping On Most All Orders!
        * Ground shipping to Contiguous U.S. ONLY
        ** Other exclusions may apply

sigpic
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          At the top of their order page, they say:

Eclusive Offer!
          $9.99 Flat Rate Shipping On Most All Orders!
          * Ground shipping to Contiguous U.S. ONLY
          ** Other exclusions may apply

Heh, I didn't notice. Regardless, they've helped me get my GS in running order and for that, I am grateful. Also, to the members here who have helped me...MrBill.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
            Heh, I didn't notice. Regardless, they've helped me get my GS in running order and for that, I am grateful. Also, to the members here who have helped me...MrBill.

Ed

My pleasure
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Friendship

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
              My pleasure
              You're awesome Bill.

Ed
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Minimum pricing policy of $2.49? So does that mean a $0.40 bolt or o-ring (or whatever) is automatically bumped up to $2.49? If so, I think that's pretty new... A few weeks ago I ordered a bunch of random seals and whatnot for my 750, 850, and a Yamaha enduro I'm working on and didn't notice such a thing. Nice to hear that a phone call can get it straightened out, at least.

I don't know if it's still valid, or for how long it's valid, but use the discount code "Bang" to get free shipping on any order size. (Probably only within the U.S.)
                Charles
                --
                1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
                  ...use the discount code "Bang" to get free shipping on any order size. (Probably only within the U.S.)
                  Ordered just now and confirmed that this code still works to get free domestic shipping
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------
                  2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Just an update on my experience:

I ordered this late Sunday night and as of this morning, my order status shows "In Progress" and I wondered if maybe there was a part that was backordered or holding up the shipment so I called and talked to Brittany. She said that nothing was on backorder and that the order would be in my hands between the 7th and the 21st and she will update the order status and email me a tracking number once available. My card was charged Monday, and today is the 7th, so I am thinking it will still be at least a week and half before I see it.

Granted, FL to UT is a 4-5 day ground shipment, and I got free shipping so I can't really complain but I called hoping they could split the single part (that I really need) out of my order the and have me pay shipping on that so it can ship sooner hopefully. No such luck.

TL;DR Parts Outlaw has great prices and I got free shipping, but order processing times IME are long and there is no way to expedite/split an order.
                    2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

1-3 weeks, if my calculations are correct? If so, totally reasonable. My orders from Parts Outlaw (and most other OEM vendors) have always arrived on my doorstep in roughly 2 weeks.
                      Charles
                      --
                      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by mikerophone View Post
                        Just an update on my experience:

I ordered this late Sunday night and as of this morning, my order status shows "In Progress" ........
                        It will say that until it's shipped from them to you. Doesn't mean much else. My last order with them said that well beyond the original due date. Took another week before they actually shipped it.

They have good prices. If I hear that their actual shipping is as-promised, I might order again.

Good luck.

Comment

Good prices - checked again this morning, still in progress and like you say probably won't change until it ships and that makes sense it just seems crazy to me in a world where people are accustomed to getting things overnight but I suppose that's why the prices are so good...maybe they only ship once a week and only have to bring in a shipping person on that day to save money

Comment

Originally posted by mikerophone View Post
                            Good prices - checked again this morning, still in progress and like you say probably won't change until it ships and that makes sense it just seems crazy to me in a world where people are accustomed to getting things overnight but I suppose that's why the prices are so good...maybe they only ship once a week and only have to bring in a shipping person on that day to save money
                            Not sure how many times a week they ship, but you have to realize that Parts Outlaw (AND all the others) does not stock all the parts that you are ordering from them. They have to place an order from the Suzuki warehouse(s) where the parts are kept. and they usually have to place a minimum amount before they can order. If you were the first person to order after the last shipment, it might take a few days for others to place orders, as well as placing orders for the bikes that are in their repair shop. When the warehouse ships the parts, Parts Outlaw has to sort out all the parts that have come in (remember, yours were not the only parts), then re-package them and ship them to you. Unless you are incredibly lucky and order a few parts that just happen to be on the shelf, plan on two weeks from the time you place your order until you see a package on your doorstep.

Somehow, I got lucky a couple of weeks ago. I placed an order over the weekend, probably late Saturday night. Got the usual "thanks for your order" confirmation reasonably soon. I think it was Tuesday that I got a message that my order had been shipped. In was in my mailbox on Friday. Just six days from the order.

Hard to believe that they happened to have a petcock for an '80 1000G and clutch plates for a 650GL in stock."

sigpic
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              ...placed an order over the weekend, probably late Saturday night. Got the usual "thanks for your order" confirmation reasonably soon. I think it was Tuesday that I got a message that my order had been shipped.
                              This is exactly what I am going to do next time. I think I was a day late. And...a $ short?!

Comment

Working...
                              X