partshark.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

partshark.com

I ordered some Yamaha parts from them, they had the best price.
    service was good, but the shipping was a little weird.
    they shipped UPS for $9.00 but the UPS site said that the seller had requested they give the box to USPS for final delivery?

if they wanted the post office to deliver it, they should have just popped it in a $5 priority mail box.

other than that, I had no issues with them and would probably use them in the future

They are not bad, but you will probably get better service (and prices) overall from Parts Outlaw.

Bonus time ... when you get to the checkout page, look for the Promo box, enter the word BANG, you will get free shipping.
    It's usually a flat-rate $9.99, but you can save that by entering one simple word.

Not sure how long that offer will last. I saw it quite some time ago and used it just a couple of days ago, it was still good.

Let's do a little shopping for your bike. Prices are shown as Part Shark / Parts Outlaw.

Valve cover gasket - 15.13 / 13.11

Petcock - 97.77 / 84.67

Mirrors - 82.18 / 71.19

Clutch cable - 12.34 / 12.47

OK, they are not the cheapest on every part, but you can see a general pattern there.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Interesting. I have been doing some comparison shopping on some parts for the 550es, and PartShark is easily the most expensive of the bunch so far. With shipping taken into account for all vendors, they are 12-20% more expensive that G&S, Deland, Partsoutlaw, Bikebandit, Partzilla, and 2wheelpros. My cheapest order, including shipping was $270 (G&S) vs. $323 for PartShark.
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Be careful with G&S Suzuki.

We used to sing their praises as the cheapest vendor around and sent them quite a bit of business.

Then they started giving us the business.

They did some crazy charges, lied about shipments and other general stuff that was not exactly "proper".

Because of that, we tend to go with Parts Outlaw a LOT more now. Even though it can cost a bit more at times, the service and communication is worth it.

About a month ago, I did a sizeable order that included a BUNCH of small hardware. I found that Parts Outlaw has a pricing scheme with a minimum of $2.49. Since most of my order was small parts, it was going to make a $40 difference on a $100 order, compared to G&S. I called Outlaw and explained my predicament. He said he would call me back. He called back and said he would match the G&S prices and would be happy to take my order, which I promptly gave him.

sigpic
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Kudos Parts Outlaw

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
            Kudos Parts Outlaw
            Yes, indeed.

I know they cost a bit more than G&S on most items, and it will add up to a few bucks on a $100 order, but this time, it was over $40, due to the minimum price of $2.49.

I don't mind them making a living with the extra pricing, just not interested in them making a killing with them.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride

Comment

Ok, thanks guys. I hadn't heard of parts outlaw, i'll keep them in mind for the next order.
              I'm just happy to have that virago outta here

Comment

Originally posted by ottawa rogue View Post
                but the shipping was a little weird.
                they shipped UPS for $9.00 but the UPS site said that the seller had requested they give the box to USPS for final delivery?
                This is pretty common, I think it's called smartpost and it saves the shipper money. I don't know how yours worked out but whenever my local post office gets one of these they seem to hold it for a day before delivering.

Comment

Originally posted by ottawa rogue View Post
                  Ok, thanks guys. I hadn't heard of parts outlaw, i'll keep them in mind for the next order.
                  I'm just happy to have that virago outta here
                  Never had one I didn't like. Really enjoyable ride, which is probably why they sold so darn many. They are fairly simple creatures as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X