My BMW dealer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My BMW dealer...

So last week on the way back from a trip my back tire had been losing pressure. That was on Saturday morning that I woke up in Whistler to a back tire reading 17lbs..called my dealer and they said if you can get here by 3 we will look after you.
    Got there at 2:30and was on my way by 4. Had to put a new pilot 4 on as I had a staple in the old pilot 4. The tires already had 10,500kms (7000miles) on them. I got tire and rim insurance thrown in when I bought the bike and they decided to see if I could get it covered. Long shot at best with those miles.
    Anyway next day I'm washing my bike and noticed they had scratched the rim. Not bad but still a couple of little scratches.
    Anyway the service mgr looked at the rim today and said I had acouple of options...they would have the rim painted and would need the bike for a few days or they would get me a new rim or we could do some sort of credit.
    Well I new I would need to replace the front tire soon so I said "how about a new pilot 4 for front installed". He said "done". I can live with the scratches.
    So it even gets better..they called me later today and said insurance is going to pay for the rear tire! $50 deductible. So two new pilot 4 tires for $50 installed.
    I told the dealer "I know that mistakes are made and that I don't judge on the mistake, what I judge on is how the mistake is taken care of". Nice job Island BMW!!

PS...it's been a good couple of days..got off yesterday from a $196 speeding ticket with a warning...yes I bought a lottery ticket last night.
    No signature

You get the Golden Horseshoe award!

IBA# 12860
    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
    1984 KZ1100R
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Working...
    X