Cycleorings, PartsOutlaw, Good Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycleorings, PartsOutlaw, Good Guys

Making sure I am keeping these two in front of everyone. O-ring kit came very quick considering I mailed a check. Very happy with transaction.

Called PartsOutlaw and got a gal on the phone. Truly sorry I cannot remember her name. She asked a ton of questions and some more than once. I felt she was genuinely concerned I got the right parts. Confirmation e-mails too.

I also want to prop up Good Guys in Herrin Il. Chad is top notch, has plenty of tech advise and is building a 1340GS himself. Awesome to deal with.

Yes, cycleorings is run by our own GSR member Robert Barr.

Parts Outlaw is also top-notch and highly-recommended by many (most?) here.
    There is one other vendor that has cheaper prices, but the service there kinda takes away from that.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

It was probably Kelsey from PartsOutlaw. She's great. Ask her for free shipping codes, she lives them out like a pedophile gives out candy.

Comment

Is that Boulevard's new name ?
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          Is that Boulevard's new name ?
          Yep, it is.

Comment

Just wanted to provide some feedback on Parts Outlaw. Not having a good first experience, at ALL. I ordered an oil filler cap back in late July. Still don't have it. Supposedly they shipped it out via FedEx, who said it couldn't be delivered. (I get packages delivered daily to my office...FedEx, UPS, USPS....no issues) So it was returned to them, and they said they would ship it USPS. Still nothing. Got a phone call saying it was returned to them again. I don't get it. Called them back and keep getting voicemail. Needless to say I'm pretty irritated.

Comment

How many times have you had to call them?

Comment

They (Boulevard/Deland/Parts Outlaw) have never failed to deliver an order, but I have found that email is (lately) a terrible way to communicate with them. They used to be on top of email, and I like to use it because it gives a nice paper trail to follow v.v communication, but of late, I have had absolutely no responses to questions via email. It's a bit annoying, trying to find the time to call, but they have always been helpful when I do manage to match my free time with their open hours.
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
                  Just wanted to provide some feedback on Parts Outlaw. Not having a good first experience, at ALL. I ordered an oil filler cap back in late July. Still don't have it. Supposedly they shipped it out via FedEx, who said it couldn't be delivered. (I get packages delivered daily to my office...FedEx, UPS, USPS....no issues) So it was returned to them, and they said they would ship it USPS. Still nothing. Got a phone call saying it was returned to them again. I don't get it. Called them back and keep getting voicemail. Needless to say I'm pretty irritated.
                  That's odd. Did you try contacting FedEx and USPS with the tracking numbers to see what happened and why it was returned? Does PartsOutlaw have your address and postal code and everything exact?

Comment

Just called again, so that makes twice.

I was never provided any tracking numbers, they just stated they shipped it. (in email communication)

Yes, my postal address and everything is perfect. Straight off the order confirmation.

Comment

Odd I always got tracking information. Some new guy is at work there possibly.

Comment

New order from me a few days ago, and no confirmation email...yet.
                        '83 GS650G
                        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

This is ridiculous. Called and left two messages. Still nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
                            Just called again, so that makes twice.

I was never provided any tracking numbers, they just stated they shipped it. (in email communication)

Yes, my postal address and everything is perfect. Straight off the order confirmation.
                            It's not being sent to a PO Box, is it? I have always gotten perfect service from them.

Comment

Hello, this is Chad (IT manager) from partsoutlaw.com, the gm notified me of this thread. I'm sorry to hear of the issues regarding your order. Just to let you know, there have been a lot of changes here recently on the employee side not that this is a excuse but there is none. Kelsey has retired and Britney (new) has taken over her position. We also have changed schedules to be closed on Sundays and Mondays. Best to reach us tues-fri 9am-5pm est. If for some reason nobody answers the main line, give a call to the store and ask for Britney or Matt at 386-740-2453. And if you are still not satisfied with the results you receive, you can email me personally at gsxrrider97@yahoo.com or the gm@delandmotorsports.com and we will do our best to rectify the problem. I do not regularly check this forum so please email me with comments or concerns. We appreciate your business and hope to keep in your graces for years to come.
                              Thanks,
                              Chad
                              IT Manager
                              Wholesale Pricing On OEM Parts For Suzuki, KTM, & Yamaha. Specializing in Suzuki & Yamaha Vintage Motorcycle Parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X