TrueDisk LLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TrueDisk LLC

I recently sent out the front disks on my 1979 GS850 to TrueDisk to have them resurfaced to remove the old grooves and to have them cross-drilled. I contacted Tom Tokarz via the Truedisk website and he was helpful throughout the process. The disks were removed, labelled for which side of the wheel they came off, packaged in a USPS flat-rate shipping box with a lot of packing material to keep them from moving inside the box. I also wrapped up the box with tape to prevent any damage. They were shipped to Tom, and a few days later they were returned and look great. The resurfacing cost $45 per disk, and the cross-drilling cost $25 per disk. With shipping and handling, the total came to about $160 for both. www.truedisk.net

Before. Removed, cleaned and re-painted.

After resurfacing and cross-drilling.

The guy does nice work and is real easy to work with.

Looks good; I would have thought the cross drilling would be more than resurfacing.

Comment

Now that's what brake rotor should look like. Did you do the rear rotor as well? A 168 holes for $50...dang i would call that a hell'va good price.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Turned out nice, didn't they? You know, I wasn't going to bother doing the rear disk as the front does most of the stopping, but now the front disks are done and on the bike...........well, maybe I will! I haven't got to the back end of the bike yet, so I still have to dismantle all that, rebuild the brakes, etc. I think when I do (probably over the winter or next spring), I may just get the rear disk done too. $70-80 for that level of work is not too shabby!

Comment

That's a hell of a deal ~ thanks for the info!
          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

168 holes for 160 dollars in total is a hell of a good deal.

Comment

It is a good deal. Help the guy out and mail in your rotors! I know I'm going to cave in and get the rear rotor done too!

Comment

They look great!! thanks for the link.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                X