wemoto.com - Amazing customer service, fast shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wemoto.com - Amazing customer service, fast shipping

Had a great experience with these guys very recently. I ordered a bunch of brake parts from parts outlaw. Front caliper pistons are discontinued, so I had to look for aftermarket. A week and a half after I placed the order with parts outlaw, I found stainless steel pistons on wemoto but hesitated because they're in the UK and I'm in the US. I didn't want to wait a long time for shipping. After searching a couple more days for a US supplier, I bit the bullet and ordered from wemoto.

So I placed an order with wemoto in the UK a full 2 weeks after I ordered from parts outlaw in the US. Another week later, and I got my pistons from wemoto. My parts outlaw order still shows as "in progress" whatever that means... FWIW, everything on the parts outlaw order showed as in stock.

Turns out I actually ordered the wrong pistons. I thought they sent me the rear pistons by mistake. Turns out I ordered the '77 GS750 fronts, which were the same as the rear (38mmX22mm). '78 and up used that size on the rear, and 38mmX41mm on the front. I called and talked to Nick, who was super helpful. Even though I ordered the wrong part, he asked that I send proof of return shipping and they'd send out the right parts right away (no waiting for the return to actually be delivered to them). Shipping to return the wrong parts on me (fair enough since I ordered the wrong parts), and shipping to send the right parts on them (awesome, since I ordered the wrong parts).

Some places barely know what they're talking about when it comes to selling bike parts as a commodity, and they do that poorly. Nick knew what he was talking about when it came to wrenching on bikes.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. Seems to be a small operation where they really take care of you.
    sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Yes they get my vote they are the uk biggest supplier of Japanese and European motorcycle parts, they have a sister company for trade only I think they have opened a branch somewhere in Europe.
    Allways had good fast service from them.
    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
    past bikes. RF900
    TL1000s
    Hayabusa
    gsx 750f x2
    197cc Francis Barnett
    various British nails

Comment

Nothing but good to say about them at this end.
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

+1 for a Wemoto recommendation.

Parts support seems a bit crazy though, you're ordering from the UK and for the stuff I was looking for I couldn't find much support in the UK so found myself ordering parts from the US and direct from Japan.... there's lots of things I hate about the world today, but I do love how the internet has made the world a lot smaller.

Comment

Wemoto is also here in Australia.
          Welcome to the online store with the largest selection of motorcycle parts and accessories in Australia. Find all brands of spare parts on Wemoto.com.au.
          Cheers, Andy

Current bikes... 78 GS750E, 72 CB500K1
          Previously owned...
          01 VFR800Fi, 67 Honda Sports 90
          71 Yamaha 175 CT2, 73 Yamaha RD250 (great bike!), 79 Yamaha XT250T
          75 Kawasaki KX125 (little screamer!)
          BMW R65, BMW R80, BMW R100LT

Comment

Nothing bad to report here either. Always use them when I need something quickly.

Trivia... World's End Motorcycles.
            The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Working...
            X