No announcement yet.

Firstgear Diablo Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey DMPLATT! How's about a one year update on your jacket. I'm getting ready to buy a new textile jacket right now as Motorcyclecloseouts.com is having a jacket sale right now. Thank you much.

Comment

Hey DMPLATT! How's about a one year update on your jacket. I'm getting ready to buy a new textile jacket right now as Motorcyclecloseouts.com is having a jacket sale right now. Thank you much.
      Forgot.

Still love the jacket. It's great. The quality is impressive. I've not had 1 issue at all with it.

I've ridden in temps from the low 30's F to around 80 F. I can ride in the low 40's without the zip in liner that comes with it. A bit nippy, but bearable.
      The Upper temps - I must say that over mid to upper 70's gets a bit on the hot side, but I sit in Traffic alot. If I was steadily on the move I bet this jacket would work in the low to mid 80's.

All in all it's the perfect Fall and Winter jacket for me. I got it from Newenough and we all know they rock. The price was less than $70 to the door (I think).

Just FYI - today I tried on a Tourmaster Cortech All in One jacket that my Nephew bought. It has a liner for Cold PLUS a liner for Rain, plus with all the liners removed it's a Mesh Summer Jacket. Looks nice, but with all 3 liners in - this jacket weighed a ton. I couldn't imagine riding for long with all that weight on. :shock:

This First Gear Jacket is fairly Lightweight - yet of excellent Quality. I'd buy one again.

Comment

I bought the Joe Rocket Meteor jacket from the same page. Removable liner and vents and all. Unfortunately it will still be another two months in CT before I can say if it's any good or not. Seems to fit OK. Also ordered a Gerbings electrically heated liner. Not gonna be cold no more! Not often are we too hot up hear in New England.

ps Dave, When you said yours was too hot on a hot day, well, uhh,...Did you try taking out the linner? Just thought I'd throw that out there. LOL

Comment

I have some FirstGear info for you guys. I bought a Burnout jacket right before Christmas. I paid 179 for it shipped and thought it was cool when I got it. Nice armour and vents like you guys have all mentioned. Well the wind turbulance blowing over my back at high speeds destroyed the jacket's back panel. I called it my 120 fuzz as a joke to my friends because the whole back started fraying and coming apart. Anyway, I mailed FirstGear and talked to them for a while through email and they ended up sending me a call back shipping label and told me to send it back to them. They're sending me a leather jacket in it's place. I would definately buy this company's product again. Customer Service was prompt and curtious, as well as concerned about my safety.

Oh yeah, I only had the jacket for about 1500 miles when I sent it back.

Comment

Working...
          X