Z1Enterprises...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
    My thoughts on Z1, as Si would put it, I'm happy happy happy...they be fine as frog hair.
    Agreed. My first purchase from Z1 arrived here in Australia in about 6 days.

Excellent service and shipping
    Johno

current rides 1981 GS1000G and 2005 GSX1400
    1977 Kawasaki KZ400 D4

previous bikes 1978 GS1000HC
    1977 GS400
    1974 Montesa 250
    1960s Kawasaki 175

Comment

what blowes my mind is i look for parts for 1100gk and get procket and chain conversions lmao,isn't a g shaft drive?oh yah they list 16 valve badges for it also. haha
      I love Z1's sales service and prices too,outstanding to say the least

Comment

If you notice any more cross-reference issues, please send an email to webmaster@z1enterprises.com.

I'll get the ones you mentioned fixed.

The 'what fits what' cross reference is very complex and contains a massive number of entries - there is well over 500,000 cross reference entries in our database tying parts to specific models.

Comment

i'm not bothered by it,i thought it was comical,it happens,we are human,it's rough out here in the desert alone.but some of these items might be cool,i like the emblem,would look good on the gk.lol
          Gonna be placin an order soon,love the service Z1 ROCKS

Comment

Don't get SHIMS from Z1!

well, I'm complaining here first, my next email is going to be to Z1! i ordered a set of shims from them, they were good price and i wanted to get some extra shims in my collection and their picture shows them as new. also ordered some brake parts and fork oil. Anyways, ive payed the extra few bucks to get 3 day shipping, so i would have the parts here before the weekend. well, they shipped the order the next day, which i was happy about, but the i realized it was being shipped UPS ground, WTF?! I called them, they told me because ive ordered oil and it can be only shipped UPS ground, and that it is mentioned on their website, ok fine, my bed, i should of read the small print. Ive asked to get my few buks back, their response was, it actually cost us more then to ship this order then what i have payed. Fine, What EVER! i left it at that. I wasn't happy about this whole thing, but i work in service, and i know how these things work.

NOW THE ORDER ARRIVED!

5 out of 6 shims are used! FLIPPING REALLY?! (trying not to curse as much as i can) YOU GOT TO BE F&*#ING JOKING ME?! one of them is pitted and i dont know if i can use it without polishing it first, and i dont know if i can polish this out! NO WHERE IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE PRODUCT DOSE IT SAY THEY ARE USED!!!! W.T.F. GUYS?! my prior experience with them has bean nothing but grate, but this may cause me to stop doing business with them and recommending them to all my friends!
            i hope that the brake pads are correct and the rebuild kits for the front calipers don't leak!!!!!

p.s. sorry for my grammar, English is my 3rd language, and im ****ed off!

look what i just found on their website in the contact information section. "parts@z1enterprises.com - for inquires on special order items - note: we DO NOT sell used parts."
            Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Hi Yuri, sorry for the issue. We purchased 2,500+ 'new' shims from a dealership that went out of business. It turns out there were a very small number of used shims in the batch - and I thought we had removed all of them. If you want to change any of the shims, let me know and I'll get some replacements out to you.

With the shipping, we cannot ship hazardous materials via air. The penalties for doing this are very serious. Up to 5 years in jail and $32,000 in fines PER item shipped. We do mention this in the description, but as English isn't your first language, I can see how it would get overlooked. Our UPS shipping contract has very cheap 3-day shipping - so it is not unusual for some of the smaller shipments to be cheaper shipping 3-day versus ground. We negotiate this with UPS to get items to customers quicker/cheaper. BTW, we do already have a request into our web site software company to stop customers selecting air shipping for hazardous materials, but in talking with them, this is a fairly complex change and it will likely take time for them to revise the software to handle this.

Let me know what you would like to do on the shims.
              Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Good day,
                I've just set you an email, please have this resolved.
                Thank You

Comment

Another feel good story about Z1. Last week (Tuesday) I called Z1 to order a jet kit, two sprockets and a throtle cable for Rob (AZR). They had the parts but the cable would not be available until Thursday, so I told them to ship when they got the cable. Got confirmation Thursday that the stuff was mailed to a a shipper I use in Blaine WA. Then they take it across the border to BC then over to our Island to there warehouse at the Airport. I picked up the parts today! 5 days to Canada and over to our Island.
                  Thanks again Z1!!
                  No signature

Comment

Got the new shims in :-) back to being happy

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Another feel good story about Z1. Last week (Tuesday) I called Z1 to order a jet kit, two sprockets and a throtle cable for Rob (AZR). They had the parts but the cable would not be available until Thursday, so I told them to ship when they got the cable. Got confirmation Thursday that the stuff was mailed to a a shipper I use in Blaine WA. Then they take it across the border to BC then over to our Island to there warehouse at the Airport. I picked up the parts today! 5 days to Canada and over to our Island.
                      Thanks again Z1!!
                      Are you smuggling ?
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                        Are you smuggling ?
                        What choo talkin bout willis??
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Thanks again Z1!!
                          The folks at Z1 accommodated me in the exact same way. I picked up my order yesterday and the gal at Seawings said there were 2 orders from Z1 waiting for pickup, I guess yours was the other one! I'll definitely use this service again, no complications, everything went very smoothly.Z1 is quick and very helpful, great guys!
                          IBA# 12860
                          Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                          1984 KZ1100R
                          2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                          2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.saunders View Post
                            Hi Yuri, sorry for the issue. We purchased 2,500+ 'new' shims from a dealership that went out of business. It turns out there were a very small number of used shims in the batch - and I thought we had removed all of them. If you want to change any of the shims, let me know and I'll get some replacements out to you.

With the shipping, we cannot ship hazardous materials via air. The penalties for doing this are very serious. Up to 5 years in jail and $32,000 in fines PER item shipped. We do mention this in the description, but as English isn't your first language, I can see how it would get overlooked. Our UPS shipping contract has very cheap 3-day shipping - so it is not unusual for some of the smaller shipments to be cheaper shipping 3-day versus ground. We negotiate this with UPS to get items to customers quicker/cheaper. BTW, we do already have a request into our web site software company to stop customers selecting air shipping for hazardous materials, but in talking with them, this is a fairly complex change and it will likely take time for them to revise the software to handle this.

Let me know what you would like to do on the shims.
                            Hello. I too have had pretty good a experience with Z1. I would however like to know who supplies your valve shims? I purchased a set of shims from Z1 early in the year, quick turn around, great, but today checking valve clearances I noticed one of the shims is coming apart in layers. It seems I cought it in time but I'm not happy at the thought of the kind of damaged it would have ensued had I not noticed it. New cams for our old bikes are no longer available and it's a shame to distroy irreplaceable oe equipment over a $6 profit margin.

Comment

Originally posted by BillGS550LZ View Post
                              Hello. I too have had pretty good a experience with Z1. I would however like to know who supplies your valve shims? I purchased a set of shims from Z1 early in the year, quick turn around, great, but today checking valve clearances I noticed one of the shims is coming apart in layers. It seems I cought it in time but I'm not happy at the thought of the kind of damaged it would have ensued had I not noticed it. New cams for our old bikes are no longer available and it's a shame to distroy irreplaceable oe equipment over a $6 profit margin.
                              I would like to see pictures of the shim.

What was the valve clearance when you removed this shim?

We have only sold shims from K&L and a handful of genuine OEM shims. The OEM shims have the chamfer on the edges, so they are fairly easy to recognize.

We have sold 1,000's (probable 10,000's) of the K&L shims - zero problems so far other than a few had mis-marked thicknesses.

Other than Suzuki, K&L is really the only other supplier of 29.5mm shims in the USA - The K&L shim are made in Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.saunders View Post
                                I would like to see pictures of the shim.

What was the valve clearance when you removed this shim?

We have only sold shims from K&L and a handful of genuine OEM shims. The OEM shims have the chamfer on the edges, so they are fairly easy to recognize.

We have sold 1,000's (probable 10,000's) of the K&L shims - zero problems so far other than a few had mis-marked thicknesses.

Other than Suzuki, K&L is really the only other supplier of 29.5mm shims in the USA - The K&L shim are made in Italy.
                                Thanks for your interest. See pic below. The clearance after replacing this one is ~0.07mm. It is an exhaust valve which I had originally set at 0.09mm.
                                Last edited by Guest; 07-14-2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X