I am back………

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am back………

15 years after a Severe motorcycle accident, I am feeling the urge to strap my boots back on.

Welcome back. Been here before?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yeah, What ^ he said, you been here at GSR before?... Does this mean wanting back on a GS, or just back on a bike? Sorry man, we're pretty nosey around here... Oh yeah, Welcome.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Nosey is No Worries……kinda my middle name. Sure, I have been here. I last was here 15 years ago when I had my Accident. I do want another bike for certain. I pretty much broke my 83 GS 750 in half.

Why, do you have some bike suggestions?

Is Scotty still a participant here?

Comment

Ohhh, hard to suggest for someone I have no clue about. For me, today, My favorite of what I own now, would be the Kawasaki ZRX. But would think for someone into Harley look-alikes or tourers, that wouldn't fit too good. Which direction are you leaning towards?... Dang, I don't remember hearing from Scotty for seems like a long long time, Is Alweeja your orig. user name back then?
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Yeah believe or not my user name was still available. Is the Kawasaki ZRX Real expensive? I am budget minded. It has been Too Long.

Comment

GS1000G is my favorite GS. Super durable 2V engine, shaft drive, what's not to like? That said, I'd search your local market until you can find the best sample available. Pretty much all GS's are awesome.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Welcome back. Good luck in your search. I wouldn't recommend a ZRX if you've not been on for 15 years and are rusty. It's got quite a bit of spunk. GS850G is a fan favorite around here. Very smooth and pleasurable to ride. That is if you can find one.
                Current Bikes:
                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I like the light feel and agility of the ZRX, the "99" Bandit would be 2nd. The newer Bandit feels heavier and less agile than the earlier ones. Like ddaniels said, They are spunky, depending on how far you turn the throttle. Never anything neg. to say about the 850G and 1000G, and I do like the shaft dr. but they will never be as agile or peppy as the ZRX or Bandits. Like I said, you got to decide sort'f what "YOU" are wanting. What are you thinking?

Comment

Welcome! 15 years is a long time. I hope the road will be kind to you.
                    I read on this site that Scotty passed away some time ago. I miss his posts and his humor.
                    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                      GS1000G is my favorite GS. Super durable 2V engine, shaft drive, what's not to like? That said, I'd search your local market until you can find the best sample available. Pretty much all GS's are awesome.
                      I sense by "pretty much all" you're excluding the L's

- 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
                      - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Working...
                      X