How many left ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many left ?

I have a 1983 GS750E in the beautiful maroon color. I remember when they came out and never saw very many of them. Now I see almost none
    Mine isn't perfect but I still adore the color. Anyone else with one ? Post pictures.

Mad
    Attached Files
    83 GS750E
    2006 ZX14
    2004 KTM 450 EXC
    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

received_578559047194404.jpg Here she is out and about

Mad
    83 GS750E
    2006 ZX14
    2004 KTM 450 EXC
    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

I bought mine from the original owner after looking for one....I bought one brand new when I was 17......found this one outside Seattle after taking an ad out looking for one a guy reached out saying he'd seen one on craigslist Seattle.....called the guy and bought it over the phone....17,000 miles I paid $1250us
      Came with a cover and a rain suit...lol

No signature

Comment

Dang trev, yours looks a lot like Madd's cept for his fairing ain't painted and his valve stems are up top, yours are on bottom.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I purchased mine new, even assembled it out of the crate. I still have it. It's the Silver/Blue model. I have since added the ES fairing, and have a pair of Lockhart lowers, so it will look like the one in the picture below. I also am putting GS1150 Forks on it and GSXR 3 spoke wheels to get a 17" front tire, as 16" tires are down to two choices now, and a wider rear tower, which will fit the stock swing arm. I'll be doing the rear end also. I'll have to run GSXR 600 discs, do some bushing modifications on the axle, and will be putting TOKICO 4 piston Calipers on it. It affects nothing, so the bike can always go back to stock condition. It should handle a bit better with this set up. I'll be passing the bike on to my son. These were over looked bikes when they came out. Everyone wanted the Honda "Interceptor". That Honda weighed 45 lbs. more, and you hand to unbolt the engine to do the rear valves. It also didn't handle as well. IMHO

GS750ES w Lockhart Lowers.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
            Dang trev, yours looks a lot like Madd's cept for his fairing ain't painted and his valve stems are up top, yours are on bottom.

Yeah, previous owner put clip ons which lowered the bars. Ill eventually go back to stock but will have to get new brake lines. I'm planning on eventually getting the fairing painted.
            I did upgrade to a Polaris Razor rectifier.

Mad
            83 GS750E
            2006 ZX14
            2004 KTM 450 EXC
            2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Anyone know the paint code for that color ?

Mad
              83 GS750E
              2006 ZX14
              2004 KTM 450 EXC
              2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

You can go to any quality auto paint shop and they will check the paint with their scanner, and either make you a spray can, or a pint/quart, whatever you need. It's better to do that way, as the color matches the color where it's at. Unless you are planning to paint a vehicle completely, you don't need a paint code.

Comment

I have a silver one I bought new in 83. Still only 20,000 k, on it .... Apparently I am the only one who had one blow up at 500 km ..... I was driving it along the Upper Levels hwy and suddenly the piston rod was hanging out of the front of the block ...... The shop accused me of having it on the track because the tires were sticky ..... I said of course they are sticky. They're covered in oil ....... It was a bit of a nightmare but Suzuki finally did come through under warranty ..... After it was fixed the shop was still asking me what really happened ..... They couldn't get their heads around it just blowing up.....Sheesh I was following their break in instructions to the letter. It had never seen the red line yet ......
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

That suck they would accuse you like that. I've worked for many dealerships. things happen. Bike engine blows up that soon under warranty, I'd demand a new bike! You are far more patient than I am.

Comment

Working...
                    X