Selling my bike in the near future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling my bike in the near future

Hi all, been awhile since I've been here. Life has gotten in the way some as of late. Looks like I'm going to sell my 1980 GS750E here in the near future. Don't want too though need to do something with it. I'm not all that comfortable riding it since my knee replacement surgery at the first of the year and now it looks like I need some left shoulder work (yay me). See where I'm going with this...with 2 hip and a knee replacement and now a shoulder coming up, I don't feel I need to risk going down on the bike at some point. Besides 70 is just a year away. I've had my fun with her over the last 40 years and she still gets the job done. So watch the Bikes for sale section once I get all my info together and I'll post it. We still have the Spyder RT and it works well for us.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Dang bill, don't remind me, for me 70 is just 3 mo. away
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

What I wouldn't give to be 70 again. Geez
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

My neighbor is mid 70's and is one of the few people I feel safe riding with, he ski's too so he's in pretty good shape. If I didn't feel comfortable riding I would sell too, sometimes it's best not to tempt more problems.
        1986 1150EF
        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Being in shape, there's the caveat! There's no doubt that the bumps, dings and breaks all add up over time but key to being active later in life is to become active before "later" comes.

Funny, I went to a festival a couple of weeks back and was quite visibly the most fit person there. Pretty sad statement coming from a 61 yr old that's survived a life threatening bike wreck, two separate spinal fractures and a bout with cancer not to mention all the other broken bones over the years.

​​​​​​
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
          X