My new bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new bike!

28,000 km, 100% original! As far as I can tell. Doesn't look restored. Doing the usual carbs, voltage regulator, tires, brakes etc.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

SWEET! It looks great! Looks all original to me.

Find that "Bike of the Month" thread that GSR has going on and submit it. You'll be a shoe in!
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Clean...........................
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

It shines like new in person. I drove 4 hours to see it; one look and I thought " Ya, that's coming home with me!"
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

OOhh, best color of the 2nd. gen GS1100E's. I've got a newer "83" GS1100E, the better big end crank, better EX. cam, the 140mph speedo, and I'd trade with you even, just for the color... Congrats , looks really great, and yes, shoe in for Bike of the Month... Oh, sorry, welcome to the site.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
            OOhh, best color of the 2nd. gen GS1100E's. I've got a newer "83" GS1100E, the better big end crank, better EX. cam, the 140mph speedo, and I'd trade with you even, just for the color... Congrats , looks really great, and yes, shoe in for Bike of the Month... Oh, sorry, welcome to the site.
            Thanks! I didn't know about the engine differences. Now to resist modifications...

Comment

It's a beauty. I was tempted but too nice for me I think. It came up the day I picked up my basketcase E not 20 minutes east of there in Salmonella Arm. Congrats!
              1986 1150EF
              2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

I'm thinking in mid "82" they started welding the cranks, installed the bigger ends, and slightly increased the ex. cam. you may be lucky on that, but you still got that stupid 80 mph. speedo.... If you can find Cycle World test Suzuki GS1100E Sept. 1 1983, it explains it. They say IN. cam was different, I thought sure it was the EX
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                  It's a beauty. I was tempted but too nice for me I think. It came up the day I picked up my basketcase E not 20 minutes east of there in Salmonella Arm. Congrats!
                  I got a free (included?) tour of the museum too! It was not ready to ride though. Needed carb work, tires (12 years old, but still looked new), no back brake, voltage reg dead. Sounds good on the stand now, gonna go for a rip this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Codfish Dan View Post
                    28,000 km, 100% original! As far as I can tell. . . . . . ..
                    Oh, Yah! Really Nice.

I got a free (included?) tour of the museum too! .... .. .
                    Am not understanding reference to "museam"......

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Oh, Yah! Really Nice.

Am not understanding reference to "museam"......
                      Sorry, I guess only Big Block would be familiar with https://dreamcycle.ca/.

I bought it from them. It's a museum, restoration shop & restaurant here in BC.

Comment

Sorry, I guess only Big Block would be familiar with https://dreamcycle.ca/.

I bought it from them. It's a museum, restoration shop & restaurant here in BC.
                        Is there anybody in BC who does not restore old vehicles or at least own them?
                        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post

Is there anybody in BC who does not restore old vehicles or at least own them?
                          Lol....it's alive and well here in BC for sure
                          No signature

Comment

Good on ya....I listed that bike here for sale....at that price I'm a little surprised that Mark didn't have the carbs and charging system in tip top shape. Disappointing considering his reputation.........I will look at his ads a little differently now....
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              Good on ya....I listed that bike here for sale....at that price I'm a little surprised that Mark didn't have the carbs and charging system in tip top shape. Disappointing considering his reputation.........I will look at his ads a little differently now....
                              Yes, but he also didn't promise anything. It clearly needed help when I saw it, so I knew what I was getting into. He said he was selling it for a family where the owner had developed dementia, and didn't know the history. Of course 100% perfect would have been nice...

Comment

Working...
                              X