No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like mine was quite boring compared to others!

Did a bit of a repair on my touch up spray gun, see if it holds up tomorrow...
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
      OH MAN Dan! I LOVE Rocket 'birds. I am soooo jealous. Mom bought a used '64 (first year for the Landau style) from the dealer in '66. I remember it well because she traded her 1 year old MUSTANG to get it
      Hind sight is 20/20!
      You are so lucky to be in Nevada because I also remember Dad and I DRIVING it to the junk yard and getting $60 for it. Here they salt the roads in the winter and it ate classic car bodies like candy.... After that we bought a '72 Torino station wagon
      Never had a problem with them in the snow.
      With limited-slip posi stock, they are a hoot on 6 inches of packed snow on the highway at about 45-50 mph.
      Just touch the gas and go side-ways a few feet, while spinning both wheels, in complete control.
      Our white '64 we called the Snow-Bird.

Daniel

Comment

I bought and began working on this today, an '01 Katana 600. It needs a few things like a tire, chain, and some plastic repair. Not bad for $650.

Comment

Valves

Helped adjust the valves on 2 of my 3 650g's, with Mr. Steve's considerable knowledge and experience. This site is truly blessed to have such amazing people as Steve, offering their expertise freely, patiently, and incredibly informatively. Count me one of the blessed.
          sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
          '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
          '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
          '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
          '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
          '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
          '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
          '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
          '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
          '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

I helped adjust valves on 2 of recycled64's 3 650s.

I consider myself 'blessed' to be able to travel around and look up other GSR members.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Dropped the oil pan on my bike. Everything looks clean up inside, no metal in the pan... Now for the task of cleaning the gasket mating surfaces to prep for the new gasket!! This should be fun!

Comment

I assembled two dressers from Ikea today
                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

hauled the wifes old 400-4 out of the garage gave her a wash and after sitting for a year boosted it and took it around the block.besides that i winterized everything, got the dragbike home,and painted my stator cover for the turbo kat

Comment

Removed the forks, carbs, and stator cover from the bike today with help of course. Pics in my rebuild thread
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                      I assembled two dressers from Ikea today
                      Have you started therapy yet?

I got the last (I hope) 3 clear coats on, did a huge clean up in the garage, then did a little polishing and grinding...

sigpic

Comment

New oil pan gasket is on, Kerker 4>1 is on, ... Battery is dead.. going to test the electircals when I get the battery up again... I might get to drain the new oil and do the alt/reg/rectifier swap... yea...

Comment

Started to put a couple bikes away today. I did however take my 1123 super F out for a little blast. Air temp almost 60, road temps somewhat less. No big zipping on corners, BUT, I did carry the front wheel in 3rd gear @ 80 + mph @ 75% throttle. What a weapon

Comment

No wrenching as such, but did a huge clean of my working area in the garage so I'll have somewhere to put my tank etc. safely away once I pull down the temporary booth.

sigpic

Comment

fixed my front brakelight switch, replaced rectifier/regulator, charged the battery...

Comment

Hauled my 77 XS-400 off to it's new home at with a friend of mine.

With the new found garage space I dragged the 78 GS1000 out from the side, stripped off the tank, seat, tail, highway bar, and exhaust.

I need to get it down to the frame and off to be power coated.

Also did more work on my 87 Mustang Notch but that's a different forum

Comment

Working...
                                X