No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woke up early so I did the last bit of the glueing the seat cover on my fiberglass pan. Once this section cures should be finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
      Woke up early so I did the last bit of the glueing the seat cover on my fiberglass pan. Once this section cures should be finished.

Good work! That's gonna look real nice once she's on the bike
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
        Good work! That's gonna look real nice once she's on the bike
        Thanks Mate, installed pics should be on my build thread tonight. (That's in about 12 hours or so)

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
          Thanks Mate, installed pics should be on my build thread tonight. (That's in about 12 hours or so)
          Aaah, nearly my lunch time tomorrow... haha... looking forward to it
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
            Hey 'AstroNut' wheel Mindless - it is an Astralite isn't it? You rob a bank?
            That they are.

Actually I got them pretty cheap. The front wheel I found was pretty much brand new, complete with hubs and discs. Cost about $300 with shipping. The rear wheel and another front wheel I bought from a guy on Isle of Man, cost like $600 shipped for both.

I suppose some would say it's a fortune but I think it was a fair price since they aren't very common in 17"x3" (or 3.5") and 17"x5.5".

Comment

Mindless, looking forward to another masterpiece from the Swedish motorcycle laboratory.

Daniel

Comment

Hoosier, it looks fantastic! I hope that it is as comfortable as it is handsome.

Daniel

Comment

Changed the thermostat in my Mazda. It always took too long to reach operating temperature, and was getting worse. Thermostat housing is hidden underneath and behind the horizontally mounted distributor, so it was almost impossible to see what I was working on, and get my hands on it, at the same time. Thanks to Daniel for the tip of using RTV to stick the thermostat to the head, and the gasket to the housing, while I reassembled.

Before reassembly, I checked the old thermostat in a pot of water with a thermometer. It opened where it is supposed to. It was, however, missing the "jiggle pin".

But after hours of work, I wasn't going to not use a new thermostat.

Now the car reaches operating temperature in about 4 minutes, instead of 15' to 30'. I've replaced thermostats in almost every car I've owned, and this is the first time it's made a difference.
                  sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Removed the swingarm and exhaust header, cleaned up a lot of parts and than cleaned my cave up best I could.

Suppose I better have a Suki in the pic...

Last edited by Guest; 12-04-2011, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Not much here due to it being in the low 20s all day. Just mounted all three brake rotors after getting a new 3/8" torque wrench and tried to fix the front gate again. Found out one battery to the drill was dead and forgot the other up at the house. I'll work on it again once it warms up later this week (I hope) as it's going to be in the teens and low 20s til close to the weekend.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I bought a torpedo heater for the garage, went from low 30's to 73 in less than 15 mins! Winter wrench time woo hoo!

Comment

I started on the motor, fork lowers, covers, and triple tree of a '78 KZ650. Moving the motor around sucked until I went to Harbor Freight and picked up a small mover's dolly for 8 bucks.

Comment

I was bored so I stripped everything out from under the hood of my car to just the motor, just to see how to take it apart. then I put it back together, All these new cars have plastic intake manifolds now. Think I'm going to tear it down again soon and port match and polish the cylinder head and manifolds... anyone now if you can port match plastic intake manifolds?
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Bondo'd my tail on the cafe build

Comment

Installed my early Christmas gift from GSExpress onto the Suzuki Shed.

I'll try to get it plumbed tomorrow.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X