Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy smokes Batman!

Sci85
    1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
    1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
    2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Cant stand lotus's. Over Priced go-cartsl

Comment

Cut my knee pads out of the neoprene tonight and started working out the design I'll (attempt to) carve into them...
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Go Mifune View Post
          I'd give my left nut for one... Is that overpriced seeing as how it seems they are just for decoration anymore?

Comment

Cleaned up the old oil/grease on the bike, repainted a few bits, and found a chip and a gouge in the alternator rotor.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Fired up the bike with the new exhaust to do a soundcheck.

It sounds angry.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Mifune View Post
                the go kart part is 100% true, but thats the fun factor.

no carpet, not much of an interior, loud, but they are fast, light, and no match in a corner.
                I think the price is just representative of their engineering and materials, close tolerances from precision machine work can been seen everywhere in and outside of the car.

and as far as priced out performance per dollar, they stack up rather well in the field, dont get me wrong ive worked on a number of corvettes but I would much rather be in a exige than a z06 on most days....somedays you want the rear windshield, an abundance of leather and a radio that you can hear.

Comment

I drove a friend of mine's 240 exige, it was a lot of fun. It's a drivers car, none of the non-sense, pure driving experience.

Comment

On the road again.

Thanks to all the GSR members and Bass Cliff, I completed the first stage of project 1980 850GL. After rebuilding/refurbing the carbs, intake boots and electrical, oil changes, brakes, etc., the old girl started up and went for her first ride yesterday. The only real trouble spot was the electrical. I got everything up to snuff except the gas gauge. I spent a couple of hours tracing it down and everything checked out, so I assumed the sending unit was defective. Luckily, I had the wife ready with the pickup. Imagine my surprise when I actually filled the tank and saw the gauge magically rise. The test ride revealed a few more things on the "to do" list but overall was a huge success. What a sweet sound and feeling to see something come to life after 20 years of sitting idle. Santa sent me some fork seals for Christmas and I'll check the valves after that. Thanks again to all you guys, you really do rock! What a fun and fulfilling project.

Comment

Originally posted by ctex View Post
                      Thanks to all the GSR members and Bass Cliff, I completed the first stage of project 1980 850GL. After rebuilding/refurbing the carbs, intake boots and electrical, oil changes, brakes, etc., the old girl started up and went for her first ride yesterday. The only real trouble spot was the electrical. I got everything up to snuff except the gas gauge. I spent a couple of hours tracing it down and everything checked out, so I assumed the sending unit was defective. Luckily, I had the wife ready with the pickup. Imagine my surprise when I actually filled the tank and saw the gauge magically rise. The test ride revealed a few more things on the "to do" list but overall was a huge success. What a sweet sound and feeling to see something come to life after 20 years of sitting idle. Santa sent me some fork seals for Christmas and I'll check the valves after that. Thanks again to all you guys, you really do rock! What a fun and fulfilling project.
                      Good story, Ctex! It's sort of a little present to everyone here.

I see that this was your first post. Please cross-post this to the GS Owners section. That is traditionally where new members introduce themselves and their bikes. Also, add a little bit qabout yourself.

Welcome to GSR.
                      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Started fiddling round with the carving tools to work out which way will work best to actually start carving the knee pad design.
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I built an engine stand engine stand for "Gabrielle". I also built the other half so I can slip the two together and it becomes a stand for storage/work on the bench.

Comment

The GF's brother just bought a new to him car and was giving me the grand tour, he bought it from a goverment garage, used to be used by one of the hospitals that he does work for.
                            Being ann ex govt. car, it had the the registration painted big and bold across the top of the roof in black paint, something he was most unhappy with, I could see that he had tried picking it off somehow, and was on route to destroy the paint on the roof, so I offered to remove it for him.
                            Hit it with some 1000 grit wet and some swirl and haze remover, seems to be the best part of the car now.
                            Wish you could have seen his face when I took the sand paper to his paint..hahahaha

Before

After

Comment

After a very windy Saturday and cold Sunday, I was only able to paint a few pieces today. I had hoped to install the swingarm but after taking off the footpeg brackets to give me easier spacing, I realized they needed cleaning up/repainting so that much is put off for a couple of more weeks (more snow possible next weekend).
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Katana Front End Work

Hi to all, after 29 years of being blasted by road grime the silver anodizing on the Katana anti-dives was not looking so flash anymore so this week its time to sort them out. I want to improve the handling and brake feedback so the anti-dives are being disabled and the standard fork springs of 4.5mm are being upgraded to 5.0mm wire to allow for the anti-dive being disabled. My thanks to Mike at "The Flying Banana" for his advice with the spring specification. The forks will be replaced with a set from the States (thanks Scott) I'll polish the fork outer tubes, replace the seals and friction slides, tidy up the brake lines as well, pics to follow. So here are the anti-dive units after their clean, polish and clear-coat. Fork tubes next.

P.S. I want to retain the original look with the anti-dives fitted to the Kat and not fit a blocking plate between the units and the forks. The disabling of the anti-dive will be done to the internals of the units to keep her looking factory with the hardware just with a bit of bling. My Kat is 30 years old this Feb so I think she deserves a bit of treatment, cheers.

Last edited by Shin-Ken 1074; 01-04-2012, 02:16 AM.
                                Shin-Ken 1074
                                1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
                                1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Working...
                                X