what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1000

More stripping of the GS1000, engine finally ready to come out, bar one rounded off sprocket cover bolt.

Will sort it tomorrow

Comment

The GS is running again, thank goodness. I am preparing to sell her; just don't need 2 bikes anymore. Unfortunately, I can't find the tank mounting bracket for the rear of the tank. Sigh. I hate being forgetful.
      Found it. Yoohoo!
      Last edited by Guest; 04-08-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Painting the wife's 400f right now parakeet yellow and painted my buffalo racer this morning with the neighbor, it looks sweet black with white stripes and gold pearl kinda has to be seen I will post pics later

Comment

Got new tires in the mail the other day along with my rear master rebuild kit, and some new brake pads, so right now the bike is sitting on the center stand and a jack with no wheels and the brakes torn to pieces. Waiting on new rubbers to redo the calipers while I have it all torn up.

Comment

Pretty much gotten as far as I can with the new Acewell bracket until the voltage monitor arrives. I got everything smoothed out tonight including the acrylic perspex cover and it doesn't look too bad, just needs some JB Weld to tidy up some gaps resulting from the bending and then some paint.

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
            See here: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=190967

Sorry, I had to remove the thread due to a GSR troll.

Eric
            Eric, is this the thread about the Trumpy motor? If so, can you start another one? I was very keen to see that and wondered where it went...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Super spotless clean up of the CBX. Soapy water spray bottle & wipe down, then spray wax all the frame tubes +. Makes the clean up easier all summer. My 11F & GS1000 are already cleaned and on the road. I LOVE that big six. Nothing sounds like it at full song.(6 into 1 Winning Performance header)

Comment

Knocked most of the carbon off of the cylinder head I bought from witttom yesterday and picked up the front brake rotor I had shipped to my dad's place as well.

There's a twin-pot conversion in my bike's future.
                Last edited by Guest; 04-10-2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Pulled the exhaust to clean it up while I changed the oil.

Tried to pull one of the oil filter cover studs because it has some stripped threads. All the PB blast and worrying in the world won't budge that $*%@(#. Reassembled with the old stud in place, and she is holding so far. Will try again when I change the oil again later in the season.

Comment

Voltage monitor arrived today so big night in the garage tonight getting it mounted up as well as a switch so I can use it as a battery monitor as well (thanks for the tip Andre!).

So, the dash/Acewell bracket is now essentially all complete, just a minor adjustment of the voltage monitor bracket to line it up with the hole properly, then it's on to the JB weld to seal the gaps up and then it's painting time.
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                      Voltage monitor arrived today so big night in the garage tonight getting it mounted up as well as a switch so I can use it as a battery monitor as well (thanks for the tip Andre!).

So, the dash/Acewell bracket is now essentially all complete, just a minor adjustment of the voltage monitor bracket to line it up with the hole properly, then it's on to the JB weld to seal the gaps up and then it's painting time.
                      Curious what is your voltage monitor monitoring if it's not monitoring the battery voltage?

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                        Painting the wife's 400f right now parakeet yellow and painted my buffalo racer this morning with the neighbor, it looks sweet black with white stripes and gold pearl kinda has to be seen I will post pics later
                        My bike turned out fantastic the wife's not so much, it looked good for the first 3 coats then wrinkled like crazy. Stripped it off and try#2 this weekend

Comment

The valve cover on my 84 Kat bolts into threaded bosses on the cam caps. They were stripped, so I pulled them, drilled, tapped and heli-coiled them. A new gasket, some new rubber seals on the bolts, and she no longer leaks!

Comment

Got home to find my nicely packed order from Suzuki Parts House.com (Babbits) in Michigan. It did take a bit long to get here, I could have rode/drove up and got the stuff ..maybe next time.
                            Got all my gaskets, intake boots,and engine bits(forgot the half moons) (bastage!)to reassemble the 1100E. Also got a wiring harness in the mail yesterday from e bay for 15$ and it is waaay nicer than the one from my bike...major plus in the electrical department.
                            No bike work tonight....just laundry and lustfully looking at my shiny OEM parts.

Comment

Well I tried to work on my bike(Or at least find parts). I got distracted by riding around for 3.5 hours.
                              One shop had this sexy beast.

I think they said 1100 for the bike. I think I need to buy the SO some flowers and take her out for dinner.

The scrap yard is about 3 times this size. I was looking for a few things, one of them being a new right exhaust. Wouldn't ya know, I found 4 left exhaust pipes and 0 right ones. -.-

Also found this sexy beast too.

Around these parts we call those speed holes.

Comment

How cool would it look to take that bullet-riddled CB200 tank, cut the sides of it off at the seams, remove it, and then re-weld it to the outside of a good tank.. Think of the looks you'd get at gas fills...
                                Last edited by nvr2old; 04-10-2012, 08:22 PM.
                                1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Working...
                                X