what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
    How cool would it look to take that bullet-riddled CB200 tank, cut the sides of it off at the seams, remove it, and then re-weld it to the outside of a good tank.. Think of the looks you'd get at gas fills...
    And you wouldn't have to stop at every gas station either!

And hello to the only other person from Spokane I've seen here!

Comment

How cool would it look to take that bullet-riddled CB200 tank, cut the sides of it off at the seams, remove it, and then re-weld it to the outside of a good tank.. Think of the looks you'd get at gas fills...
      You are one sick puppy man

Comment

This is a brilliant idea! And if you ever needed to shred some cheese by the side of the road, well, there you go.

Comment

Trailered my (new to me) FREE '86 Kawasaki KLR 600 home and didn't kill myself getting it off of the trailer!

It needs a battery, oil/filter change and the carb rebuilt among other things.
          The PO likes to crash.
          It hasn't ran since 1990 and hasn't acquired too many miles on it...

I can't believe the inside of this fuel tank!

And, of course, our ferrel car (AKA: Bike kitty), HAD to give it the once over...

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
            Got new tires in the mail the other day along with my rear master rebuild kit, and some new brake pads, so right now the bike is sitting on the center stand and a jack with no wheels and the brakes torn to pieces. Waiting on new rubbers to redo the calipers while I have it all torn up.
            That's exactly what my bike looks like! Unfortunately i've got to have it back together before tomorrow nights storm!

Comment

Eric, saying the PO likes to crash must be the understatement of the year... is anything on that straight?

I reckon Bike Kitty's cool too, must approve somewhat to deem it worthy enough to sit on...

I reckon a big single like that could be some fun for a cafe project... just need a little less suspension travel on that thing...

As for my stuff tonight, got the JB weld on the dash to seal the gaps up, so next time I should in theory be preparing for the etching primer and maybe even spraying it.
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I love business owners that care. I emailed the ebay seller about a petcock I had ordered from him. The diaphragm was broken so it was leaking gas. Went all around looking for a 3 hole diaphragm. I found 4, 5, 6 and 9 hole diaphragms. I also found a smiley faced one, but struck out at 6 different shops with a 3 hole one. Emailed the seller. 5 minutes later he emails back saying he already shipped a new one out.

Now I'm contemplating getting new suspension for my bike. http://www.jcwhitney.com/adjustable-...DetailTabPanel
                That and a new helmet might be my birthday present coming up. I just need to find a modular helmet that I like and isn't an arm and a leg.

Comment

I used some scrap from an old road sign and made a new low profile seat pan (its going to be a brat style seat). The hump for the fender actually came out pretty good, not bad for my first time with a hammer and dolly.

Comment

Josh and I bled the rear brake with no issues but the front master cylinder is jacked up as somehow I must have cross threaded the banjo bolt and busted the first couple of threads. I'll be looking for a new MC over the next week or two.
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Almost got my carbs all put back together, its easy enough but having an extra set to look at makes it way easier. I am sure after one does it a few times it becomes second nature. Also took my cylinders to a local machine shop to have him put a "mic" on them. They are below the service limit but not much.
                      Is there an oversized ring set that would be suggested for this situation? And if so any suggestions or guidance? I am new to engine work.

Comment

Got the etch primer on the new dash and figured out how I'm going to wire it all up. I also picked up a horn relay because I'm not happy with the voltage monitor being inaccurate by the 0.3v I lose through the ignition switch. In theory I should lose much less through the relay.

sigpic

Comment

I did just (almost) install my new wolo horn. I can't find a god damn spot to mount it! Its huge. I may have to exchange it for a smaller horn. Only place I can find to mount it is at the front of the frame. Anyone know what size bolt fits this?

Comment

They should be 6mm X 1.00 pitch.

Eric

Comment

Put a borrowed MC on and got the right side brake line to bleed correctly but even after rebuilding it, can't get the left side to act right. We tied the lever back for now but I think I'll have to buy new "factory made" lines instead of using the Earl's ones I have now. Also installed some case savers and fixed the ground connection on my R/R.
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Nothing today but yesterday I got the satin black on the dash.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X