No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you place some kind of support between them and the tire?

Any excuse to go to the store on your scooter is a good one.
    (Just don't go by way of the College, eh.)

Eric

Comment

They have straps fore and aft that mount to the frame. I can`t even push them in enough to touch the tire. Believe me I checked. One of my other concerns was would they be too close to the pipe. I`ve that goofy 4 into 1 but it doesn`t seem to be an issue after my 20 mile test ride. I`m going back out for a few shortly. Got to stop by and see the grand daughter. The only issue that has me perplexed is the mount covers the doggone grab rail. Got to figure another way to get it up on the centerstand. 20 years ago I could of just yanked it but at the tender young age of 56 it just ain`t that easy anymore.
      Originally posted by 7981GS View Post

Eric
      sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
      1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Replaced the clutch handle, rode for about 80 miles, and then cleaned and lubed the chain. Found during the ride the chain would occasionally hit the swing arm when I let off the throttle so I tightened it just a half turn. I'm hoping i got the alignment right (looks okay) this time.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

was on my home from work and my bike just died tried to restart,no starter,no kick start, unplugged the #1 plug and kicked it over(waiting for a nice jolt to run through my hand and nothing happened had to call a friend for help ....long story shorter had to solder a wire back to the OFF/RUN switch

Comment

Just some new front turn signals. Popped the headlight and the wiring wasn't there for front signals. Ended up clamping into the back signals and weaving up through the frame.

All in all it could have been much worse.

Comment

Repaired my cracked front fender. Installed a coil relay. And rode about 100 miles. She's running so sweet. Next is to redo all of the cosmetics.
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Goin' LOUD today...

Took off the D&D baffle and going open...

Sounds MEAN now ! ! !
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Spent about three hours yesterday getting the 450 back on two cylinders... got down the road a little to do some stuff and then go on a nice ride when it went back to one again.

I have no idea why it did it yet as I swapped plugs, leads, and coils and it didn't seem to make a difference initially, but after a while I got spark on both again. It was always the right side missing and I was dreading the Dynatek being bad.

However, after doing all that I tackled my errands and took the long way around everywhere and it didn't miss a beat. Not sure if it's fixed or not but it looks promising...

Oh, and I got new hand grips and fitted them and a set of soft panniers too which will both get a test ride on the way to work this morning... pending dropping back to one cylinder again of course...
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

1972 Bultaco Sherpa with a fibreglass tank......filled with unleaded 'infected' with ethanol (thank you lentil-eating sandal wearers). Tank innards had gone like putty (but are hardened up again after a swill with cellulose thinners) and the carb was full of glue. We'll have to see how that carb cleans up but when she's done it will be BP Ultimate Super in the tank (no ethanol in this part of the world).
                    79 GS1000S
                    79 GS1000S (another one)
                    80 GSX750
                    80 GS550
                    80 CB650 cafe racer
                    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

It's a beautiful day, so after work I'm going to give her a through cleaning.

Comment

Spent ten hours today disassembling and cleaning a set of carbs with less than 2000 total miles since new... that sat for 30 years with fuel in them. The bodies, bowls, and jets are clean, but I still have a long way to go. Shot some carb art photos while I was at it. Nice eh?

Comment

Wow, the right words just can't be said for those things.
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Oh, I could think of a few choice words. But then this forum would be NSW.
                            I need to replace all the main jets, because mother mature worked her magic on them...just like she did to this jet washer.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Bikegeezer View Post
                              Spent ten hours today disassembling and cleaning a set of carbs with less than 2000 total miles since new... that sat for 30 years with fuel in them. The bodies, bowls, and jets are clean, but I still have a long way to go. Shot some carb art photos while I was at it. Nice eh?
                              A little seafoam and she'll be good as new

Comment

Guess what I found

Dropped by my sons house yesterday to say hi and he says; Hey! You know what you left in my garage? The old vetter trunk that was on the bike when I got it. So I drag it out. It`s dirty as heck but inside are the triangle mounts for the hard side bags. May have a look and see if I can install them for a little extra peace of mind as far keeping the new bags from hitting the tire but I keep checking and no rub marks no signs of interferance.
                                Originally posted by 7981GS View Post

Eric
                                sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
                                1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Working...
                                X