No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my seat in from RocCity Cafe, it's a really nice quality seat. Here's a couple pics of it mocked up with the virago tank.

You can see the new signals on there too. Imagine it with new side covers that fit right, gloss black frame and glossy battleship grey paint (with black on the knee dents). I'm going to ditch the old gauges and maybe get a new headlight bucket.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

How many gallons does that tank hold?
      It looks good on there and will definitely be different.

Eric

Comment

The fluid in my brake reservoir is clear again! I spent an hour or so bleeding out the old dark fluid for my front brakes and replacing it with clean, fresh fluid.

I'm planning to do the rear brake this weekend.

I hadn't replaced the front brake fluid since I rebuilt my brake system and installed stainless steel lines -- and that was a couple of years ago so I was long overdue!

Every time I look at the reservoir and see that clear fluid, I smile. Dopey, ain't it? I can't help it.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
          How many gallons does that tank hold?
          It looks good on there and will definitely be different.

Eric
          Its like 5.3 gallons, including reserve. Once its all sorted and mounted it'll be nice to go ~225 miles a tank instead of 120. Plus its different which is what I was going for . The stock gauges have to go though, it looks too bulky with the large tank and giant gauge pods.

Comment

agreed! large tank looks gooood

Originally posted by Toasty View Post

Comment

What!!
              No video of the tree felling partay!??

Eric
              Not much to see, a puff of white smoke and a falling tree.
              V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                Its like 5.3 gallons, including reserve. Once its all sorted and mounted it'll be nice to go ~225 miles a tank instead of 120. Plus its different which is what I was going for . The stock gauges have to go though, it looks too bulky with the large tank and giant gauge pods.
                I am a fan of the Dime City mini gauges. Mine are the white face, but I think they also come in black.

Comment

Got a new front tire and had it mounted and took it home and installed it. Not much else.
                  V
                  Gustov
                  81 GS 1000 G
                  79 GS 850 G
                  81 GS 850 L
                  80 GS 550 L
                  2002 Honda 919
                  2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Started on a bracket to hold the cigarette lighter/aux power socket for the 450.

I was very slack and took no photos...
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by evan132 View Post
                      Adjusted my valves and put new coils and wires on. All my foot peg vibration is gone and its running better than ever

+1
                      It's amazing hom much smoother the engine is after you properly adjust the valves and carbs with sync, replace old ignition parts, my mirrors are crystal clear, pretty much at any rpm. No real buzz anywhere, more should concentrate on those areas instead of looking for ways to dampen vibration.

Comment

Well the 850 now has turn signals, the new tire is breaking in nicely.
                        V
                        Gustov
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        80 GS 550 L
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Getting ready to take the wheels down to have new tires mounted and balanced, and waiting for my Shindengen R/R to show up in the mail!

Thank you to BassCliff's trick on removing the shocks from the top mount and raising the swingarm, I didn't want to pull the mufflers off. I took his method a bit farther and used a ratchet strap to lift it rather than the board under the tire so it was free to pull out.

Comment

Devon, that seat looks MUCH more comfortable than a stock L seat.
                            Where did you get it?

Eric

Comment

Devon, that seat looks MUCH more comfortable than a stock L seat.
                              Where did you get it?

Eric

It's actually a custom seat from Rich's near Seattle:

Thankfully the previous owner spent the $$ on it and I just get to enjoy

I've never sat on a stock 'L' seat, but I can imagine from pictures that it isn't great.
                              Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2012, 11:07 AM. Reason: add quote

Comment

Put on my newly purchased MT-0S fairing on my MT-01.

Before:

After:

Comment

Working...
                                X