what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
    interesting! No xpurt here, but I wouldn't like hard pipe all the way to the reservoir due to possible vibration/fatigue issues but for just the curved bit and soft thereafter it should work. Trouble with that of course, is yet another connection.
    Any chance you could cut away the Master cylinder mounting plate (and redrill for the bolt) to tip the Master more upright and relieve that kink?...a spring over top of hose too will help??
    I moved the original mounting to that new location to make the rear brake cylinder work with the new rear sets.. I was limited to what I had to work with at the time.. hence the original bracket. Rubber to hard pipe sounds way better and I have been thinking maybe braided cable. i think once i get around to a proper mounting place for the tank it will be much easier!
    Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2013, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Rob (AZR) came over today to give me a hand on a couple of things. Got my gs750 wired up for the heated vest my lovely wife gave me for xmas. Plus a couple of issues on my gsxr, got the solo seat back from the paint shop and put it on for some pics to see if I have any luck getting collector plates. I like it!

No signature

Comment

front brakes on the 1980 GS750L

Comment

New project bike

Dinked around a bit and worked on swaping a few parts over to my new daily driver bike... checked oil and ... Gas in the oil!!!! so to drain it out and figure out how the hell this happened... Petcock maybe suspect?!?!

Comment

Did you leave it on prime last time you rode it?
            Last edited by chuck hahn; 01-11-2013, 01:00 PM.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Worked on the '81 GPz550 -

I broke two boots to the airbox because they were so hard they shattered, and I got the varnished up carbs on the workbench - then I got the starter button control replaced, so I can now crank it over and do a compression test -

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                Did you leave it on prime last time you rode it?
                Ive never rode it yet.. I had it started!?!?!? I dont have a clue what PO had done... I can tell you he loved the black spray paint custom jobs! Lots of crap teenage youngster/ hipster crap on it! I bought the bike from a wrecker before it was scrapped.. It will go just needs a bit of saving!! I dont know if it was the petcock or not?!??!?1 what else can cause the oil to flood ith fuel???

Comment

Hehehe I got it.

It was listed as a 88/89 gixxer front end but it has a Yamaha top triple. If anything I can use the brakes (it has hayabusa calipers), for $20 how could I say no?

Comment

Im about done with my brothers 79 GS1000N.

As purchased July 2012

As of Jan 12 2013

Comment

..hey, Toasty- strap some power on that and go intimidate some segways!

Comment

still trying to get the beaterbike running properly on two cylinders without choke and without spending much $ on it....made a haywire pair of float gauges by necking some clear tube with a heat gun to fit the carb-drains. Works. Both are close enough to being the same.amusing,but helps not. running out of ideas. ...next I'll have to wrap that lean side manifold with duct tape to see if there's a leak I CANNOT yet find another way.

ps you made a flickable bike from that,mharrington!
                        Last edited by Gorminrider; 01-12-2013, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Got a little done on the KDX engine http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=13338

Comment

pulled and cleaned the carbs

Comment

Fitted an Eastern Beaver fuse box and headlight relay mod. A bit expensive but top drawer gear.
                              -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Wasn't really happy with the 1100 lately, so I thought maybe I should do some tweaking here and there and maybe all those annoyances would go away.
                                Since I hadn't been riding it much, not becuase the weather is bad, it's beautiful here, 80's no rain, but I got the flu and it doesn't want to go away. First thing I did was charge the battery.
                                If there's any wind at all it has a tendancy to walk all over the road, that's OK I guess if you're going slow but at 70mph and over a little gust and you're outta there. It's kinda like riding the bike with overinflated tires. So, I adjusted everthing, damping, fork air pressure, pre-load and tires to it's lowest setting, hoping this will make it hug the road better.
                                Also, there was the problem of fuel starvation running in "Prime" so I thought I ought to pull the tank and petcock off and look at it.

Can you see that little "clip" that holds the selector knob on? and how it's become free on one side. Maybe this is the problem, don't know, but I snapped it back. The petcock once pulled was clean as a whistle as was the inside of the tank, looked brand new. I did drain it in "Prime" and the fuel wasn't coming out as fast as I thought it should, at least not as fast as the 1000 petcock. Not really sure if it's a problem or not. Didn't make a difference whether the fuel cap was on or not, but I only had about a gallon in the tank. Replaced the petcock sealing washers, one was broken completely.

Since I had the tank off, I decided to try to fine tune the air screws, so I got it running and adjusted them. I was only able to make minor changes as I must've had them really close, (high RPM method).
                                My bike likes Arizona Sweet Tea! She's running in these pic's, very quiet!

See that fan ahead of the bike keeping it cool. An absolute must if you're gonna let it run any length of time.

Hopefully, she'll run a little smoother, track a little better, and not starve for fuel, at least in "Prime." The next step is to take her out on the road!
                                sigpic
                                Steve
                                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
                                X