No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a new cheapo front tire is on and a rear tire is in the pipeline. (Oh, why am I doing this for the so-called parts bike! a soft spot for strays, maybe...)

Comment

Painted tank and fenders

Comment

Finally got my 79 GS750E Cafe Bin Project painted... I tried a speckling technique with gold paint... I think it looks great on the tank... might re do the rear plastic. My clear coat came out great! also painted other things... shooting for a gold and black retro look.

Still awaiting the head bearing so I can start to build the front end from my part pile. Also have new fuel needle valves and Intake O-rings coming in. Taking my time with it... Next step is to Break down the electircs and make a seat. In 2 weeks new shoes will be in so hoping she will roll by the end of February...
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Well technically it's not wrenching... but I got the support for the new fence post concreted in today which means I can move the fence soon... which means starting the shed... which will mean much wrenching when the shed's done

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

About time Pete. Good luck and looking forward to seeing more pictures of this project
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

The '55 Roadmaster had its heater fan wired in and the polishing of the 4.6 Ford cam covers was finished.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                About time Pete. Good luck and looking forward to seeing more pictures of this project
                Cheers Scott, sure is about time! It's been far too hot lately to think about doing anything... and then this weekend wind/rain/floods so I was lucky to get it done... now to move the fence and I can really get moving on it
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Sync my carbs Saturday. May need to readjust my idle mixture a bit yet. seems a bit rich at idle.
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

First day the garage hasn't been freezing since last post. Carb, manifold & top motor mount on, pushrods installed & adjusted. Hopefully tomorrow I can button up the rest and throw throw the new pipes on.

Comment

I finally got around to harvesting the oil pump gears our of my old 750 motor and installed them into my 1100 motor in the dragon. Didn't take too long 45 minutes tops...
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

New rear tire on the beater bike. It's good to know I can recall how take tires off and on, so the beater bike has been worth a lot just to practise on.

Comment

I got the electric starter working tonight on my new 1971 at1 125 yamaha project.

Comment

I made a trip to the hardware store after work to get the bolts I needed for my fairing mount. I also picked up a dremel bit I needed to finish clearancing the block, I needed to take off a few mm here and there for it to lay flat. It took me like two weeks to get around to that , I didn't feel like fighting it.

The heads still need paint though.

I tossed the cylinders in my Berrymans carb dip, I'll check on them in the morning.

Comment

Let's see, disconnected the clutch safety switch, think I like it that way and installed the last crush washer on the sync outlet. Lost one so I ordered about 10 of them, expensive little buggers, nearly $3 bucks a piece.
                              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

This friggin exhaust is about the biggest pain in the keaster that I've ever run into on a motorcycle. Took the whole top end off, ball honed the jugs, glass beaded & repainted them, new rings on the pistons, re-installed the whole top end, adjusted valves, all no problem. Then, the new pipes. First, they were too tight at the heads and it took hours to get them on. Then, Trying to get the squish pipe & head pipe on the fron cylinder to go together was another nightmare. Then, the muffler clamps were just a little too big and wouldn't clamp the mufflers onto the pipes. So I order new clamps that came in today and....You guessed it, too small.I gave up for the day, but tomorrow I'm gonna try to stick the mufflers in the vise and try to just move it in enough to get the clamps on without closing them too much so they don't go on the pipes. Amazing, I thought it'd take maybe twenty minutes to throw the pipes on after all the other stuff. When it's done it'll have been worth it, it's a nicer looking set of pipes than what was on there.

Comment

Working...
                                X