No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not wrenching per se but we actually got a tax refund this year and are moving to a better place in Miamisburg next weekend (signed the lease today). So, bought some new furniture, foam for the frame, and a new laptop to replace one of the stolen ones. Spent the evening rebuilding my parts list to work on the rebuild.

The only bad part of the move will be no garage so I'll either be rebuilding the engine in the kitchen or sneaking the work in a storage shed downtown...decisions decisions.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Finally hung the shade sail that's been repaired after the stitching let go in all the big wind/rain we had earlier this year. Nice to have some shade out in the back yard again finally. Forgot to take a photo and it's a bit dark now...
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Very cool Skunk, Greg.
        Dunstall fairing and Zero seat are rare bits.
        Feel free to start a project thread with the full details.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
          That skunks so nasty I can smell it all the way down here. Mind sharing a shot of the front of the fairing. Love the solo seat also, where did you get that from? The honda front end is a direct bolt on?

I purchased this bike a few years ago from a friend and it was loaded with period goodies. Dunstall fairing, Tarozzi clipons, Dunstall rearsets, Yoshimura shocks and a very rare Zero seat. VTR1000f frontend is a direct bolt on, just purchased new VTR1000f taper roller bearing and install in GS frame.

Comment

My goal for today is to hone my cylinders, install the pistons and rings, clean up the valves and maybe mock up my rear set mounts with plastic.

Comment

After rebuilding my 32's on my 650 it test rode great. Full power, no hesitation......Bliss.
              However bummed to find two days later, my crankcase full of gas.
              New petcock on the way as current one is part suspect,and am tearing carbs out to reinspect float needles and brass holders.....something is stuck open in there. Grrr.

Comment

Put a few more bits and pieces on the XL tonight. Mounted new rubber, new chain and sprockets and mostly finished on electrical. Here it is almost ready for a fresh tank of fuel.

Comment

Started on stripping my tank, damn paint is on like glue. It is taking at least 3 apps of aircraft stripper to peel the paint off. I even did a quick sanding to break up the clear coat. All the other parts are ready to be primed.
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Replaced the Top valve cover gastkets on the 400 PO have just sealed up with some white goop

Rebuilt the Cam chain tensioner

Next building a engine stand bracket ready for painting.. and will hopefully start getting a rolling chasis going this week!

Comment

While working on replacing my R/R and Stator, I had the side cases, timing cover, and shifter cover powder coated gloss black. I purchased new emblem decals and a full stainless socket-head screw kit... Love the way it's looking!!

Just need to make a mount for the Compufire R/R to mount it in the stock location, and then get everything wired up... Hopefully will be riding again sometime this weekend!

Comment

At last, the fence is done...

Had to fill this gap in on the side to stop the cats having an easy step up and out:

Just need to finish removing the old posts so I can clear for the foundation of the new shed. It will stretch from the pillar in the far left of the photo most of the way down to the fence.

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Synced the carbs with my handy new vacuum sync and got my neutral light working on the new mini-gauges. Got pictures up in my build thread. It is running like a banshee.

Comment

Replaced the clutch cable on the K1100RS...
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

It was 63 degrees this morning, and I had the day off, so I didn't wrench on the GS1100, I uncovered her, unplugged the battery tender, and I RODE her !

I then got home and wrenched on my little Kawi - new carburetor boots installed, rebuilt Canadian-spec carbs installed, and this weekend I'll start on the rear brake -

ALSO - I added a lift table to the garage - I highly recommend one if you have room !

Comment

^^That looks like the lift I want from Harbor Freight.

Ed
                                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                                X