No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe 3/16 thick C channel and make an entire new bed frame on this one ..shes pretty rough!!!
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Adjusted valves synced carbs changed the oil and a good cleaning. Plated and insured so she's good to go for pops. Took her out for a rip and all seems ok. My dad is away for the weekend so I will ride the **** out of it till he picks it up Monday just to make sure it's all good

Comment

Not wrenching so much, but finally pulled finger and primed my 50s fridge. Ready for paint next weekend! Also tidied up wiring on Yahweh bike.

Comment

Got a dyno run done yesterday with the Kat boys which will lead to wrenching this week... rich enough on the needle to be off the chart and I need a smaller main...

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Knew you needed a smaller main by the sizes you were posting, but never expected to see it that rich on the needle. So what's the fix, roll your own needles, different needle jet?
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Yeah I suspected the 150 was too rich but good to see the confirmation... and yeah the needle surprised me too!

Going down to 145 mains and will drop the needle one notch, then see how she feels.
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Engine is back in the frame but had to leave it before I could do much more. I'll be back to it later this afternoon so pictures at 11.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Been working on a kids 79 750L that got screwed royally by a dishonest PO. Have you ever heard of such a thing. I rebuilt the starter clutch and it actually fired up for a few. Need to go through the butcherd wiring harness. Glad I have a few spare harnesses to scrounge connecters from. Trying to piece the harness to mount a gage set. Everything was cut off and replaced by a toggle switch, guess to PO wasn't worried about thieves, but when it wont start , who needs to worry. Had the kid send off for a choke cable while I go through the carbs and harness. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and I think I can start to see it.
                  Last edited by gsrick; 05-19-2013, 02:53 PM.
                  GSRick
                  No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                  Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Maybe I should not be admitting this

16k on E3.
                    Maybe a couple thousand too many.

Also a 1" gash (across from my thumb). I think I got that on way home last weekend.

Forgot the 1st step in removing rear tire from GK: Put 2x4 under centerstand.
                    Even with takeing off that portion of the rear fender (that comes off on GKs), still can not get wheel out from under fender (even with the sidebag rack removed).
                    Had to compress front end with cable puller.
                    Last edited by Redman; 05-20-2013, 09:47 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Maybe I should not be admitting this

16k on E3.
                      Maybe a couple thousand too many.

Also a 1" gash (across from my thumb). I think I got that on way home last weekend.

Your not alone. Been there a couple of times myself.
                      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                        Your not alone. Been there a couple of times myself.
                        Lol I am there right now.....

Just messed around trying to fit my airbox boots onto the carbs. Was washing it today and noticed 1, 3, and 4 were hardly on at all on the bottom side, and 2 didnt have a clamp on it at all but was the only one to be fully seated on the carb. Go figure.

Comment

The light is closer. Ignition and right control on the kids 750 is working like it should and it is actually running(with spray to get it to start). Now it's time to pull the carbs to clean and replace the orings, so setting the idle might be possible.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Maybe I should not be admitting this16k on E3.
                            Maybe a couple thousand too many....
                            Should not be a problem as long as you ride only on dry pavement.
                            sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Finished the paint work, saddle and grips. I'll get better pics in daylight (the reflective checker precludes using a flash), but here she is:

Late Sunday night, I went to fire her up in the new look, and the starter button did nothing.

I figured NBD a wire got loose when changing out the grips. So last night I pulled apart the RH control unit and found this:

Crap. Already ordered another RH unit on eBay ~just in case~ so I took a stab at fixing that piece to work in the interim. Came up with this crackpot repair"

Got the unit back together, and I think it will hold. It was too late to re-install the control and actually test though, so I'll do that tonight when I finish wiring in some ~other treats~ heh.

Comment

Yesterday, I removed the engine from the 1100es and started prepping the frame for paint. Carbs are done and I'll have to rework the wiring harness or source a better one, the PO hacked it up and the bike had major electrical issues since several connectors were melted together.

Today, fabricated mounting plates for the GSXR rear-sets on the GS750. Started cleaning the gauge cluster on the 1100es and found every bulb burned out and several holders melted. So I ordered the LEDs, holders, and resistors to swap everything out to LEDs

Comment

Working...
                                X