what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post

Late Sunday night, I went to fire her up in the new look, and the starter button did nothing.

I figured NBD a wire got loose when changing out the grips. So last night I pulled apart the RH control unit and found this:

Crap. Already ordered another RH unit on eBay ~just in case~ so I took a stab at fixing that piece to work in the interim. Came up with this crackpot repair"

Got the unit back together, and I think it will hold. It was too late to re-install the control and actually test though, so I'll do that tonight when I finish wiring in some ~other treats~ heh.
    Well, that did not work at all.

Guess, I'll wait for the replacement unit I ordered.

Comment

Didn't work on the 1100 today, but did get a big box of parts including 2 brand new OEM side covers, various nuts and bolts, new fuel petcock, brake rebuild kits, and such.

I did however finally get around to installing the RadFlo 2.5" shocks, Eibach springs, and Air Lift air bags in the rear of my FJC.

Comment

Put a little more bling on my ride.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
          Put a little more bling on my ride.

It's a Purple Hooter, now !

Looking GOOD ! !

Comment

Took off the rear caliper, it was sticking a little bit, the pistons were rusty inside but the outside surfaces were fine, lightly sanded and cleaned the pad pins and dropped in new Sumo brake pads. Assembled, bled and tested, all is working well. I also changed the old worn foam grips with a new pair of Progrip 714's. And repaired a small crack in the saddle with a bit of liquid vinyl.

Next I have to start looking for some fresh rubber, the Shinko 712's have over 5K on them. The front tire looks fine, but the rear is almost at the wear indicators. I'll probably go with the 712's again unless someone can tell me if there's any advantages with the 230's. I like the tread pattern on the 712's over the 230's.

And one of these days I'm going to have a stab at adjusting my valves, it's just my bike is running so well and the weather is so nice that I don't want to have the down time. The slight oil seepage should be ok until the end of the riding season, it gets into the fins a bit but not a drop on the garage floor.

Comment

Gt some paint on the fridge. Bit streaky, but huge issues with the gun until I figured out that a small nut on the trigger became undone and was blowing air out there each time I pulled the trigger...

Recognize the colour?

Hopefully some more paint next weekend...

Comment

GREAT look color on that old fridge.

You should spray a bike in that color, now THAT would be N I C E ...

Comment

Originally bought the paint for the fridge, but then decided the bike would look good in that as well.

Can't wait for the polished trim sections to show up nicely on the blue.

Comment

Finally got a bit more done on the single carb conversion on my 750 Virago. Manifold made and on now, just had to make up a bracket to hold it in place when the carb is bolted on. Cleaned up the old Morris Minor SU carb, so will fit that tomorrow if all goes well. Need to get the bike back on the road as its the wife`s favourite (being shiny). Then hopefully I can get on with rebuilding my GS750, which is my favourite !.
                    "Betsy" 1978 CX500 ratbike
                    1978 GS750
                    1979 GS750 chop
                    1979 GS550
                    2003 GSF1200 K3 Bandit
                    2000 Enfield Bullet 500
                    1992 XV750 Virago
                    2016 Harley 883 Iron

Comment

Worked on my carbs, completely tanked and cleaned. Upon assembly the pilot jet plugs just fall right back out of hole. They were snug when I removed them. So I went down to local Suzuki dealer and had them order me some. This way I pay no shipping, I asked. Well got to wait now. Wallogreen who lives here in Boise was nice enough to let me borrow his carbtune when he gets back from vacation and even offered to come and watch me do this, will be a first for me. Suoer can't wait.

Comment

Did the 530 chain and sprocket (thank you Z1) conversion last week Decided to add some bling. Now I match my gas cap.

No signature

Comment

Hey Trevor, What is the advantage of chain conversion? My bike calls for a 630 by 96 chain which I plan on replacing soon after I'm done with all the other checkouts. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alhntr View Post
                            Hey Trevor, What is the advantage of chain conversion? My bike calls for a 630 by 96 chain which I plan on replacing soon after I'm done with all the other checkouts. Thanks
                            It,s less weight, and a much more common size chain to find. My rpm at 60mph dropped by 100 too. Also there is more choice too. And "I like Giooold" lol.call z1 and they will help you with the size sprockets you will need. I went from 15 front and 42 rear to 18 front and 50 rear and 116 link chain. Bike even feels like it shifts smoother too.
                            No signature

Comment

Trevor, By the way your bike is just beautiful. I like those footpegs, are those stock or aftermarket? If aftermarket where did you get those. Would like to spruce mine up down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by alhntr View Post
                                Trevor, By the way your bike is just beautiful. I like those footpegs, are those stock or aftermarket? If aftermarket where did you get those. Would like to spruce mine up down the road.
                                Thanks, the foot pegs are stock. They came on the 83 models, one of the changes made to that year. I'm sure you could put them on yours. Not sure though.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X