No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that is a scene from my wife's nightmare.

Comment

That is seriously sick, man! (in a good way) and the ...uh, you call that a "shed" in Australia? is fantastic too! Nice floor and bright walls!

Comment

Fantastic collection of machines Mr. Ozman!!!

Where are the two strokes?? Got to have a few GT's, or RG's in there somewhere!!!

Love the Rickman/Kawasaki!! How did you get one with an aluminum tank??

I had a lime green Rickman/Kawasaki with a fiberglass tank back around 1975 or so.

When I fell on mine and hit the ground, my fiberglass tank blew apart covering me and my bike with 3 or 4 gallons of fuel. As I was sliding down the road, I hoping not to become a Buddhist Monk!!! Lucky for me and the bike it never ignited!!!

Never could find a aluminum tank like yours here in the States back then.
        Last edited by Guest; 06-21-2013, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wester Cooley View Post
          Fantastic collection of machines Mr. Ozman!!!

Where are the two strokes?? Got to have a few GT's, or RG's in there somewhere!!!

Love the Rickman/Kawasaki!! How did you get one with an aluminum tank??

I had a lime green Rickman/Kawasaki with a fiberglass tank back around 1975 or so.

When I fell on mine and hit the ground, my fiberglass tank blew apart covering me and my bike with 3 or 4 gallons of fuel. As I was sliding down the road, I hoping not to become a Buddhist Monk!!! Lucky for me and the bike it never ignited!!!

Never could find a aluminum tank like yours here in the States back then.

the rickman was a race bike in its earlier days supposedly raced in Ireland and England hence alloy tank it also has braced frame from rickman as per the later bikes such as rickman predator
          2 strokes are in other shed and in boxs all H2 triples

Comment

Finished reassembling my new gauges, installed them, got the wiring all figured out, put in a new headlight bulb, replaced the battery, cleaned a battery ground. That's all, I think.

Comment

Got the Honda discs to finish up the twin pot Kawasaki brake conversion on the 1100G, put on two new tires, and almost finished up the whole yearly maintenance thing, just have to synch the carbs, button it all up, and go for a test ride...

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

clutch pushrod seal

It's been leaking slowly for a couple years but went completely T.U. yesterday. I rode to the shop today to check on parts and had to put 3 quarts in to get it home. I rode it dry! I'm lucky I didn't fry it. Dang, the old Zuks are tough! Anyway, they didn't have the parts in stock so this project will be next week. Got to get a 22mm socket too. It's a royal pain that I have to take the sprocket off just to get the seal retainer plate out. At least I don't have to split the case, that would probably be fatal because it would cost more than the bike is worth.

Comment

I put new mixture screw o-rings in my BDST36SS CV carbs on my 83 gs1100E. $12.00 rehab that made a very nice improvement at idle. Smoooooth.

Comment

My 1100G is up on the lift with the valve cover off for a valve adjust. Waiting on shims. So, while it's out of service, I may as well do a few other things.

So, I:
                    sand blasted the valve cover and prepped for paint,
                    pulled the entire exhaust system off for easier access to the oil pan and to clean up the header pipes,
                    drained the oil,
                    dropped the oil pan to clean the pickup screen and check on a downshifting issue,
                    removed all the side covers, for access to the shifter pawl and for polishing,
                    de-greased the front of the engine in prep for some engine repaint,
                    fixed the downshifting issue with a tweak of the return spring in the shift shaft

I think that's all I got done today. Going to get some engine enamel and VHT paint now. (and sushi)

Comment

Installed the new passenger side window regulator/motor for the Jeep and learned how to remove my motorcycle tires from their wheels.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Got my rear seal reinstalled, bike's all back in one piece. Did most of an oil change - still need another half quart. Tomorrow, we see if we can fire it up

Comment

Like perfuming a pig

Two coats of prep and etch.
                          Two coats of etching primer.
                          Two coats of acrylic enamel with hardener.

At least it won't rust for a while.

De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Went back and looked over your last bunch of posts, what are you making? Two or three rail motorcycle trailer?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I'm rebuilding my rusted away utility trailer.

I figured this section was a good a place as any to post this because it's been used to haul motorcycles, windjammers and such.

I need to finish it so I can put a new roof on the building attached to the back of the garage, in order to store a couple of motorcycles in it. It"s a bit of a convoluted way to get back to working on the Skunk as I'm running out of room to work on things, other than having to keep moving cars around to gain a bit of working space. Plus I'll need the back room to paint in.
                              Last edited by rustybronco; 06-23-2013, 11:03 AM.
                              De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Well did do it after midnight lastnight so it was technically today. I finally got around to setting the valve clearances on my bike for the first time. All of them were tight <0.03 except one which was right about 0.03mm. After going through them all they are all now between 0.072 and 0.102mm. So I am happy with them set there for now. Do have an abundance of 2.70/2.70x/2.75 shims now so may have to hit up the shim club one of these days and see if I can trade em in for some smaller ones for when the next adj. is needed.

Thanks to this site, and Basscliffs website/tutorials it made it incredibly easy to do and work part was getting shot in the eye with oil when the first one "popped" back into place in the bucket. lol I read bout that but didnt think it would shoot out like 4 feet away!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X