• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post

My record remains intact!
    Yes, you still have it!

Comment

Close to firing it up

After a many months of replacing and cleaning and polishing and painting, I finally got the Forks, Tire, Brakes, Fender and Coils all back on...I have the exhaust to do and then the gas tank, than that about wraps it up. Except for synching the carbs when I get it running again...I am getting excited about getting it back on the street. (for the first time since I have owned it, that is, minus initial test drive).

Comment

Spent a few moments dis-assembling the strut. It's nice to have access to a wall mounted spring compressor.

I need to knock off all the loose rust and put some paint on it when I get back home, but at least the strut bearing (not shown) was still in good shape.
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Replaced a distribution switch for the south side of the hospital campus; got a little nervous for awhile as they were also working on the power for that area so about 4 buildings did not come back online right away. I guess I'll have to go looking at their backup power supplies to ensure the batteries are good. Took me about 4 hours to move all 12 fiber cables over as most of them were so intertwined it made it fun to find.

At least everything is on newer equipment for that section now.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

partial teardown of a Honda GL500 that followed me home...coolant in the oil..water-cooled bikes...UGH!

Comment

Reassembled front brake caliper on the 450, installed and bled and one leaks...yet!

Going to keep an eye on it over the next couple of days.

Comment

Pouring rain here today...so I decided to tidy up the garage a bit. Chopped some wood too. Then I sat down and enjoyed a beverage.
                No signature

Comment

...looks like there's more oil drips under the chairs than the bikes,trevor

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Then I sat down and enjoyed a beverage.
                    Whats on tap ? Looks like a great place to enjoy a frosty Molson
                    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

That's a very nice shop you got there Trevor, I like it.

I was looking for heads and an intake to install in my thunderbird to add more HP and came across a dark grey 2003 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor with a knocking rod and under 130,000 kms, and a spare low mile (80,000 kms) engine for $800.

So I bought it and sure enough it went about 30 kilometers before the bearing on that rod finally let go.

I only get a few days off a month so today we pulled the bad engine out and got the new engine in and bolted up to the transmission.

The new engine was from a civilian 2004 Crown Vic so we had to swap harnesses, the flex plate/fly wheel, the alternator, oil cooler, etc.

Got too cold and dark out to keep going so all the final bolting up and plugging in of things will have to wait until tomorrow.

Best part is the heads and intake, and coil on plugs from the bad engine will bolt right on to my thunderbird, giving me a 40 HP boost.

So the $800 for the Vic was cheaper than I could find a motor or parts to put in my thunderbird.
                      So now I have the parts I needed and a whole other car!

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                        Whats on tap ? Looks like a great place to enjoy a frosty Molson
                        Hehe...well I'm actually a Alexander Keith's guy.
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                          ...looks like there's more oil drips under the chairs than the bikes,trevor
                          Lol...yes you are right. My bike are more tidy than me.
                          No signature

Comment

Love that garage Trevor and very jealous of the space!

I haven't logged in this week so neglected to mention I leaned the needles out half a notch and the mixture screws 1/4 turn and she's now much better at small throttle openings.

Had a good ride yesterday and acceleration and feel when cracking the throttle is much nicer now
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I gave the kid's Ninja an oil and coolant change for the first time. I couldn't figure out why I only got a half quart of oil when I removed the filter and scolded her for letting it get so low. Started to refill- half a quart and it's full. Something's not right..... Check manual, there's a drain plug next to the filter cap. So THAT'S where all the oil was. I though the filter was the only drain. Fail. Oh well, I learned.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                Pouring rain here today...so I decided to tidy up the garage a bit. Chopped some wood too. Then I sat down and enjoyed a beverage.
                                Look, Trevor even has a chandelier.. A classy spot indeed. The 1100e only adds to to the classiness of the spot
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X