No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made the metal bits of a windshield, bracket that attaches to the bolts that hold the gage cluster on and a curved support for the screen itself. Next week I need to cut the plexyglass sheet and curve it to fit and make a curved sheet for the outside attachment screws.

Comment

Originally posted by gs road racer View Post
      the bike has two wheels as does the trailer and the wheelchair! Now back to the GS......
      Kinda cool....wouldnt it be lighter just towing the wheel chair on its own wheels ?
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Easy one for me this morning. Since I bobbed the tailpiece on my bike I had to mount the license plate different than stock. I had a plastic backer plate that bolted to the bike and the plate mounted on that. Yesterday the backer plate cracked and I almost lost my plate and inspection sticker. Took some aluminum bar and fixed that.

Comment

well i was switching my controlls over and found i have a broken twist grip any one have a spare?

Comment

Originally posted by wesmoon View Post
            well i was switching my controlls over and found i have a broken twist grip any one have a spare?
            I have one but as you know I'm gone for a week tomorrow.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Changed oil and filter and mounted some new bar end mirrors. Now I can see what I passed.
              80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Bled rear brakes, looks like pads are good, now need to fix the pffft sound on the muffler right near the oil drain nut. Hopfully I can get some of the stuff you put in the bracket somewhere's. I think that is all thats wrong.
                Then Tires.. front brakes.... I can't believe how smooth it runs! I have not done the valves or carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                  Kinda cool....wouldnt it be lighter just towing the wheel chair on its own wheels ?

Not very good control towing a wheelchair.....with the trailer and bike it's very easy to ride I didn't even notice the trailer until a HILL........the client is a woman and the bike has electric motor assist which I believe drives the front wheel.... I've been doing these for a friend who had both corneas replaced and can't weld for a bit (he's 78) good practice for welding the GS frame and fork tube extensions(2" to recover some height from change to 17" wheel and the bit Yosh did)

Comment

Finaly got the carbs back on, wow, what a fight! They were almost as determined not to go back on as I was to get them on. Brutal!

Comment

Extracted some stuck bolts, changed out the PO's Fuel Hose with stock...even put the stock spring back over the hose (no more kink!) to get ready for Mid-Ohio this weekend.

Comment

I have a 82 gs850 and was lookind at my reserve switch after reading about a petcock rebuild on here and discovered it wouldn't move. Alson took off my fudley aftermarket top case and it (the bike) looks much better!

Comment

I'm waiting for a 2.45 shim for my GS850, so I can finish setting valve clearances....at least they are still available. None of the local bike shops had a 2.45 (guess I could have gone with a 2.40, it is on an exhaust valve), so order I did.

In the meantime, the fuel sending unit got re-adjusted, and the tach, which read 2000rpm at rest, also received its adjustment to zero. Both small jobs, but requiring careful attention....no big hammers here!!!

I also finished putting the new accelerator/oil pump cables on the DT250, and got that buttoned up, ready for sale. I don't use this bike like it should be used, so money gets freed for the GS850. Ooh, ooh, I'll have room in the shed.....maybe another project will slide by.....

Comment

Did the fork seals on The Little Stinker. just waiting for the rain to stop so i can take her for a spin and feel how forks with the right amounts of air and oil feel!!
                            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

And you still haven't gotten me those spark plugs yet... tisk-tisk.
                              De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Dale..i may be coming down for a few days after the 15th and staying at James place. Maybe i can just bring the bike over and i can remove the carbs there so you can see things first hand..I just think it should be getting better than 23 MPG!!! And thats at 60 to 65 MPH average..not racing or dogging on her either.
                                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X