No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really wreching but replace the mail box before coming to work. Some goofball hit it last night and kept going. I realy do not like having to do things without the proper time and materials.
    Bill

Comment

Installed the new stator today that I received from Tkent02. Had a bit of trouble getting it on but I finally did it. I haven't started the bike yet because I'm going to take Tom's and some other's advice and do the valve adjustment right now anyway. So I'm crossing my fingers it will start up just fine.

Stator in the casing.

Wiring shrinkwrapped

and back on the bike with bolts instead of those screws.

Fortunately, the ignition cover screws loosened up just fine for me today so once my parts come in from the local shop as well as Z1 then I'll get started on the adjustment.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
        and back on the bike with bolts instead of those screws.

Those bolts look real nice! I like them better that allen bolts

Comment

Building a set of stainless steel lines for my 1150 factory oil cooler on my 1100E. Using Earl's Peformance Plumbing banjo-style ends so I can use the factory connections on the case and the cooler. Proving to be a real PITA.

Comment

reinspected and tweeked the carbs on my Blue 78 GS 750.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Finished the lines. Look good and don't leak.

Comment

Had to clean up after my mechanic today. The vent switch in the car wasn't working, and I just had the air conditioning worked on. I'm sitting there wondering why the switch is doing nothing, and finally noticed a little plastic doohicky hanging down from under the dash, with two cables coming out of it. A little thing in it rotates as I turn the switch. Sure enough there's a place where it snaps right in up under the dash, and now it works fine. It's an easy blooper I suppose, but he's gonna hear about it!
                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

spent 16 hours getting a semi truck masked and wiped and painted. i tell ya what thos sob's are freaking huge when u do one urself

Comment

Bent a sheet of lexan for anew windshield used the barbecue for heat I now have grill marks on the shield will use it as is for awhile and see if there are any other problems with the mounting system.

Comment

Yesterday replaced all the connections on 450 to and from ignitor and signal generator, thought I had carb. problems turned out to be bad connections in this wiring. Bike runs very well now. terrylee

Comment

tinkering around with the 1000. I allready had aircraft remover and primer and paints so I decided to paint the tank. Nothing special, just a simple amateur paint job.
                        ---Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                          Had to clean up after my mechanic today. The vent switch in the car wasn't working, and I just had the air conditioning worked on. I'm sitting there wondering why the switch is doing nothing, and finally noticed a little plastic doohicky hanging down from under the dash, with two cables coming out of it. A little thing in it rotates as I turn the switch. Sure enough there's a place where it snaps right in up under the dash, and now it works fine. It's an easy blooper I suppose, but he's gonna hear about it!
                          Many car repairs are beyond my abilities. But changing oil and other simple things I can do often turns up errors made by the professionals.
                          sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Polishing engine

I started up the new Dremel today and spent a couple hours on the right side cylinder fins, cases and valve cover. Also used Mother's aluminum and Mag cleaner. I'm tired.
                            Any suggestions for getting in between the GS550 fins - they are only 1/4" - 1/3" gap?

Comment

Originally posted by themess View Post
                              Many car repairs are beyond my abilities. But changing oil and other simple things I can do often turns up errors made by the professionals.
                              Many years ago plumes of smoke coming from under my hood turned up an error made by the professionals. They crimped one of the valve cover gaskets when they put the valve covers back on - burning oil everywhere!
                              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by mperryz24 View Post
                                I started up the new Dremel today and spent a couple hours on the right side cylinder fins, cases and valve cover. Also used Mother's aluminum and Mag cleaner. I'm tired.
                                Any suggestions for getting in between the GS550 fins - they are only 1/4" - 1/3" gap?
                                Scotch brite and a stick. Fold the scotch brite pad around the stick and stuff it into the fins. Back and forth, back and forth...
                                sigpic

82 GS850
                                78 GS1000
                                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                                .................________-|___\____
                                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Working...
                                X