No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the front pads and rotors on my Windstar POS. They were only half worn but it had a stupid shake in it from a warped rotor so rather than waiting until it was -25C out I did them. A put on new rotors so now I'll just get the old ones turned and have a spare set for next time. Not enough "o's" in boooooring to describe that job.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Great Job!!!

Comment

time to give the skunks a tidy up and ride to keep them in shape
        amazing how they breakdown even when not being used

chucks skunk fuel line gave up typical of that crappy clear line that goes rock hard
        replaced with the black rubber line used oem

then the usual tyre pumping / fuel draining / refuel etc etc

Last edited by Guest; 11-30-2014, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Washed compounded and polished the family car....
          Public service announcement......
          If anyone is contemplating buying a new or used Honda automobile (used for us), dont waste your money on their "protect all" BS paint protection...Being it was the nicest vehicle we were to own, and a long term ownership, I figured it would be a good thing. Within months the paint had stains (white car to make it worse), from parking near a tree, the overall luster turned dull, and even after waxing it, it still looked like sh1t. This summer the paint began to oxidize.
          It looks great now and i am pleased.
          In hindsight, I'll admit i was a victm of really good salesmanship......
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Didnt wrench on anything...rode for 4 hrs today.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

You mean YOUR skunk. Mines still in the storage unit..least it was a few hrs ago!!
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Charmayne and I reinstalled the rear tire, brake caliper, master cylinder, and chain on her bike today. At least it's a roller again
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                  You mean YOUR skunk. Mines still in the storage unit..least it was a few hrs ago!!
                  i name some bikes after the PO's easier to remember for a old guy like me !!!!!!

ozman

Comment

You cant use Pepe..thats my bike. And Penelope is taken by Dale. I suggest Badger for yours..LOL

Comment

i think "chucks skunk" is going to stick and the maroon C model which came with texas plates is called "george w"

Comment

Thats just insulting to the bike!! You are a very cruel man!!! ( the GW part I meant )

Comment

Finally got around to mounting the 3G antenna mast properly and can now say it's done. Easy to raise and lower too, with a block and tackle, to allow the addition/subtraction of various yagi configurations. It's a bit taller than the old temporary (which was up 7 years) affair, and helps to get the signal over the trees just a little more.
                          Damp ground, leaky workshop boots and chilly weather are not a good combination.
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

dont ask me why ... it just kinda happened, seemed like a good idea at the time

now first the electrics... PO didnt seem to understand electricky dont earth via fibreglass bodywork

Comment

Looks like fun to me, always wanted one of those when I was a teenager!
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Got all the carbs ripped apart on the 1100 and ran them in the sonic cleaner. Going to have to slot #1 and #2 a little to get the fuel screws out. Both backed most of the way out then stripped the heads right near the top where the threads were gunked up. I did learn something though to pass along. If you use a sonic cleaner like I do, run them at full temp (60C for me) for the longest setting you have (30 Minutes on mine) then wear some gloves and go after the fuel screws while everything is piping hot and wet right out of the cleaner. I did this on #3 and #4 carbs and barely felt any resistance at all near the top of the threads where the other two got stuck. Sigh. Just once I'd like to have an old Suzuki that didn't contribute to the further receding of my hair line or to the bank of grey hairs by this point I'm sure I am acquiring. Will be ordering the Dynojet kit from Z1 this coming week and then getting the APE pods from Pingel the week after that. I already have the o-rings from Robert and the cap head hardware for the bowls and caps from Z1. Maybe tomorrow I'll go raid Lowes for the cap head screws I need for the carb rack.

Comment

Working...
                                X