what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting there

I didn't realise how many different size hoses there are on GS850, carbie feeds, carbie overflow, tank overflow, battery overflow, head to airbox hose, engine case breather. Am I missing any?
    A fruitful afternoon getting the carbies and general hoses completed, the tank installed and general checks.
    Monday is firing up the motor up after the oils are put in, and balance the carbies.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
      That or just don't have a key ring on that one key.
      Yep...I have a rubber one that won't leave a mark. My BMW one has nothing but a key.
      No signature

Comment

nothing recently since i had to come back to VA Beach for more Navy schooling, but i started sanding the tank and side covers on my kz.

the dent that i pulled mostly out that i have to fill:

sanding the paint in prep for primer and filler:

sanding the filler down after the first coats of primer and filler. the filler around the emblem mounts are just for cosmetic and since i have to make so much i didn't want to waste it:

Last edited by Guest; 02-21-2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

After a few days of single digit temperatures kept my friend and I out of the garage, we finally got the transaxle out of his 2004 Nissan Maxima to replace the clutch. A few more hours of cussing and fighting and we were able to bolt it back up to the engine. I'll head over there tomorrow to help finish putting things back together

Hopefully it will warm up soon and I can get to a couple of my projects again.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I wrenched my knee (actually broke my kneecap like a stuck stator cover screw)..... and my orthopedic surgeon will be wrenching on it next week. Does that count?
            Attached Files
            1979 GS550, 2003 R6, 1998 XR400 Dual Sport, 2004 V-Star.........

Decisions, decisions, what to ride, today.
            sigpic
            My GS550 Build

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
              I wrenched my knee (actually broke my kneecap like a stuck stator cover screw)..... and my orthopedic surgeon will be wrenching on it next week. Does that count?
              Certainly more relevant than people who post work on their cars!

Comment

the bikes are good so i changed the spare tire winch on my f150 easy fix.

Comment

How?

Looks quite painful.
                  sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Made up a blanking plate to cover the unused petcock hole on the XS tank.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by themess View Post
                      How?

Looks quite painful.
                      Slipped on the ice that was preventing me from riding. Landed square on the kneecap and broke it in half. Now I have something else to get in the way of riding....
                      1979 GS550, 2003 R6, 1998 XR400 Dual Sport, 2004 V-Star.........

Decisions, decisions, what to ride, today.
                      sigpic
                      My GS550 Build

Comment

Slipped on the ice that was preventing me from riding. Landed square on the kneecap and broke it in half. Now I have something else to get in the way of riding....
                        Ouchy, indeed. I have felt that pain, courtesy of a Highland rock that placed itself right where my knee wanted to be when I tripped over a tent rope.
                        ---- Dave
                        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
                          Certainly more relevant than people who post work on their cars!
                          So we should only talk about things you find permissible?

More on my friend's car today; even with three heaters going in the garage, it was cold work thanks to the six inches of snow on the ground outside and upper 20s F

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

My apoligies Cowboy, I must of read the title of the website wrong, I was under the impression it is a motorcycle forum.
                            And no, you don't need my permission to post about SUV's, snow ski's, your wife's hedge clippers, the neighbours hot water system, automatic rifles, hand guns, fixing the wheels on your luggage, wall insulation, changing the air filter on Honda Hybrid (think about it!), by all means it's what ever floats your boat.

Comment

No you read the title of the forum correctly but if you read back through this entire thread you'll find everything from cars to houses to bikes of ALL kinds being worked on. This is supposed to be the general catch all of what wrenching work you did.

Now, if the 6 1/2 inches of snow outside would go away and it would warm up some then I could do a few wrenching things on the bike. I need to change out the leaking clutch cover gasket I found a couple of months ago and do an oil change. I also want to change out the forks to see if this other set I have will finally cure that persistent leak.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Got to do some finishing touches on the mechanical side of the 750 yesterday. Set the valves and only 2 needed a minor correction, checked compression just because I had it apart and got 128-124-112-120 and that was stone cold from sitting since October, pretty happy with that. Basically it's ready for the tank, seat and tail piece to back on then a test ride around the block if it warms up a bit.Then the carb sync. Only thing left is some paint work on left fairing and front fender and it will be back to its former glory. I'll tell you all that getting a bike in such great original condition makes me really appreciate the work that goes into some of the projects I see done around here.
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X