No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did road clean up, litter patrol with the Lions club.
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by jeffgs View Post

I am making a pedestrian slicer out of a cement trawl.
      Haven't seen one of those for a while - they were banned for a good reason.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
        Haven't seen one of those for a while - they were banned for a good reason.
        I hope not. Didn't see anything regarding it on AMA or state of IL. law book. Any one know if this is the case?

Comment

Love it, now if you can make one to cut an SUV if half , i'd take two!

Comment

first project on my new table. Love the height!
            Swingarm bearings, powder coated swingarm and rear peg brackets.
            sorry about that apparently i'm being a photobucket noob these days

Last edited by Guest; 06-07-2015, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by G-3 View Post
              Love it, now if you can make one to cut an SUV if half , i'd take two!
              The cement trawl came as.a package, 4 for .25. P.M. me your address lol

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon View Post
                first project on my new table. Love the height!
                Swingarm bearings, powder coated swingarm and rear peg brackets.

Pictures not working.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Made a start on a flip-over base for a topbox on the XS. Means I can ride it solo with a laden box immediately behind me, and if a pillion is on board, the box can be at the tail, like a normal one.
                  ---- Dave
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.

Comment

This week I dropped the oil pan on my GSX750F for a look at the oil pick up screen, and it was clean.
                    The bike has low oil pressure at idle, but after reading a thread about this problem on gixxer.com, the tech experts said; yea it can get low at idle, but rises 10 lb psi for every 1000 rpm, so up where the engine's making power it's got more than it needs.
                    So I put it all back together.
                    This engine has always run and sounded great.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 06-07-2015, 12:54 PM.
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Oil changed, chain waxed, and I have a mismatched color bike again as I replaced the gas tank finally today. It's not painted but I will deal with that later since it's much more important to have a working tank than a proper paint job.

Now, roughly 96 hours to Brown County
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

My '83 GS1100 ESD. The other day I bought a battery for it and it had the larger screw-in caps, and the sensor I had was the smaller push in one. I THOUGHT I put a wire to the taillight but I hadn't. The damn light was still on. Today, I took it apart again and put the wire to the brake light. THIS time I checked it before I put it together, it really is a hassle taking off the seat, tank, tank support, airbox to get to the battery, and then putting it back together again!
                        Kevin
                        E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                        "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                        Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

I'm a day late... Yesterday I fixed the dragging rear brake. The tiny return port in the master was open, so I thought maybe the piston seals weren't pulling the pistons back. I started work on the caliper and noticed right away that the brake pads were just a little too wide to float freely in the caliper. The EBC replacements are completely free in the caliper, so I just put it back together. A quick test ride to Rising Sun, IN today (and scouting run: IN262 SB is still a mess of slide-offs, but NB is still fun!) confirms the rear caliper is no longer dragging. I should have caught this when I rebuilt the caliper a couple years ago.
                          Dogma
                          --
                          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                          '80 GS850 GLT
                          '80 GS1000 GT
                          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Today was fence mending. I had to cut the fence last spring to let out a couple of fawns. Momma could jump it but the little ones couldn't and they couldn't find the gates we left open either. Never cared much for the ratcheting tiedowns before. Kind of glad I had a set today though.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Fitted a Kawasaki (Nissin) GPZ500 / EX500 14mm master cylinder to the XS. Still got a bit of wooly action caused by some lost motion at the calipers, but it's a lot better than the OEM m/c.
                              ---- Dave

Comment

Took a ride out last night after setting the mixture back to the 2.5 turns out where it started. It improved the idle slightly, but still has an annoying off idle stumble requiring a bit of clutch slipping to take off smoothly. Same stumble at throttle pick up after transitioning from closed throttle, such as picking up speed after a low speed turn. At speed its still smooth, and ive noticed a reduction in mirror vibration at highway speed, so im thinking the sync is good. Im thinking ill start it,let it idle, and shoot the pipes with the infared thermometer to see if its an individual cylinder of an overall setting issue.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X