No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep having troubles with the fuel guage on my 78 1000C. This time i tracked it down to a loose solder joint at the back of the sending unit in the tank..resoldered and is working ( FOR NOW!!!)
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Trying to figure out if I want the bellypan / spoiler.

Comment

Just my opinion but i think it would look cleaner without
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindless View Post
          I like the bellypan. It balances the angular tank shape, and follows similar parallel lines. I'd keep it.

The bikes back end on the other hand looks too high to me. The seat will force the rider to slide forward into the tank. Looks very uncomfortable.
          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

The bellypan is cool.....so is the duct tape.
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Oil cooler line replacement.

Earlier this week I replaced all brake lines with SS braided.

Comment

I like belly pans but I think that that one is not 100% right for your bike. Maybe if it was set back a couple of inches? What happened to the FJ belly pan (it looked pretty good in your earlier mock up? What does that look like on the bike now?

Comment

Less is more. Dont like it at all!
                  sigpic

82 GS850
                  78 GS1000
                  04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                  .................________-|___\____
                  ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

My old 550 is being treated to a new chain and a carb sync. New chain is way overdue.

Comment

Well today on the 750E I installed my new R/R, and clutch brake levers. have the 4-2 header soaking now, going to install the 4-1 and Kerker, this week.
                      Hopefully the new signals, mirrors, nuts, and bolts get here next week. Then after that, the Dynojet Stg3, and intake O-rings, and I'll be on the road.

Comment

I like the bellypan...

Comment

For lack of Kerosene I'm soaking my GS1000 chain in the old "no longer clean enough for carb dipping" carb dip so's to get it nice enough to inspect... (I hope it don't do no harm) which is step one of slapping the GS1000E back together in it's original configuration because the 7-Ten build is going way to slow* and reassemblage is the quickest/cheapest route to a summer ride. Been too long without the ability to pick up and cruise with buds or GS riders. Still 3 months of prime riding left and should only take me a week or so slap this ugly thing back into a cohesive piece of moderately safely ridable hardware. - I'll be looking for So NH GS gatherings...

*I have made great progress in shop set up though... and one or two other bike projects... life decisions, family relations, financial and future goals, and such - you know the affairs which, although they get in the way, once settled help to make riding all the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                            I like the bellypan. It balances the angular tank shape, and follows similar parallel lines. I'd keep it.

The bikes back end on the other hand looks too high to me. The seat will force the rider to slide forward into the tank. Looks very uncomfortable.
                            I kinda like the lines of it as well, but as some have mentioned, maybe less is more?

As for the seat and rear end - I guess it depends on who's riding it but I built the bike for myself and myself only. Feels like a dream to ride it. Only thing I'm going to do is shave off some cushioning on the seat to accomodate my fat ass better. I do think some shorter shocks would be good on the other hand, these are 365mm which is a bit long. I'd like a pair that's 345mm.

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post
                            I like belly pans but I think that that one is not 100% right for your bike. Maybe if it was set back a couple of inches? What happened to the FJ belly pan (it looked pretty good in your earlier mock up? What does that look like on the bike now?
                            Actually, that is the FJ1100 bellypan.
                            Last edited by Guest; 07-30-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

worked on fixing my electric goblins. got it almost down now. before i had no brake lites or turn signals, also had every dash light on all the time and had no nuetral light, well thats all gone except for the burnt tail light bulb and i have a battery lite on but she charges great, so i need to get into her a litttttle more.

Comment

did the fork seals on the wifes kz. No more rocking horse when changing speeds!
                                Matos law: Murphy was a lucky B@stard!
                                1979 GS850GN
                                sigpic

In memory of Dave "Gonzo" Steele
                                1975-2008

Comment

Working...
                                X