Clear All

Buffed up my forks
    IMG_0959.jpg

Comment

Cleaned out the back of the shed today.

Comment

Crustacean!
        sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

That's a pretty large spider. Which type is that?

Comment

Looks like it's hanging onto your snow plow!
            Up here in Michigan the winter kills 'em off before they can get that big.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Worked on my friend's 100 dollar RD 350. Got it streetable, pulled the swingarm & everything around it , cleaned & painted. New brakes, etc. Very mild resto job.Can't believe he fell into this.

Last edited by wymple; 10-21-2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Did an oil & filter change on my 2013 Bonneville.... took me almost two hours to chisel the old oil filter off thanks to the gorillas at the dealership over-tightening the **** out of it! Robert Pirsig was right, no one cares as much about your bike as you do...
                2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
                2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
                2015 BMW RnineT

Dave

Comment

Bike - 1983 GS1100 E
                  Well not today but a couple of days ago.
                  But the tale goes back even further.
                  I had a host of electrical problems, this year, including but not limited to warning light control module, stator, solenoid, rectifier and battery, not to mention slow leak in the rear tire -needed new ones anyway.
                  I sorted/replaced all of the above and even after all of that she would start just fine for about five or six times then act as though there was no juice in the battery.
                  Arrggghhhh!
                  Then about a week ago I hit the starter button and there was a nasty and very loud metallic crack.
                  Took the starter motor out and opened it up.
                  As I pulled the long screws out I noticed tiny flakes/chips stuck to them.
                  Took the back end off and there were all sorts of chips and flakes everywhere and two magnets out of place.
                  Clearly the two magnets decided they did not want to be separated from their friends any more. What would cause that?
                  One also had a large chunk missing.
                  Ok that explains a few things.
                  Did a search for a replacement stater motor.
                  $300.00!!!!!
                  Found a used one on Ebay for less than $100.00 including shipping from wehaveyourpart.
                  When it arrived I found the brushes were well worn and the power connection was less than solid so swapped that out with the original from mine.
                  A few skinned knuckles later -I did not want to take the carbs off- and perfect starts every time.
                  I'M BACK ON THE ROAD! YEA!!!

Comment

Haven't wrenched yet... but took it for a test ride after doing forks a couple of days ago. Noticed a rattle coming from the left side when accelerating while in gear. I'm thinking it might be low gear oil in the front. Will have to see...

Comment

getting a few loose ends together before the winter, bought it last spring in baskets -- she's almost ready to make noise.
                      DSC00151.jpg
                      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Nice looking bike Trip. I take it you`ll be racing it next year?
                        Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                        getting a few loose ends together before the winter, bought it last spring in baskets -- she's almost ready to make noise.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]42594[/ATTACH]
                        sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
                        1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

This can't be good...

IMG_3539.jpg

Comment

Sandblasted, primed and painted the frame and a variety of parts for my 850 brat project.
                            Making good progress. Ill be assembling a rolling chassis before ya know it.Oh yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelj_444 View Post
                              Nice looking bike Trip. I take it you`ll be racing it next year?
                              not sure - I bought 2 of these slingshots because I am a total sucker for this era of Tupperware rockets - that is where it stops the bodywork.

for sure my bracket bike is GS under a prostock version of this body! I'll be racing it as much as I can afford. but switching to anything but a GS ? -if I did I may do a sportster/buell - been looking at doing that.

DSC00152.jpg uncomfortable as heck - but I sure like to look at it.

ok I am working on a 1980 gs1100 today - Ill put some new batteries in the camera .
                              SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Finally got out the leetle booger that's been bugging me for days - the stub of stud that I'd drilled out and which stubbornly refused to come out of its little hidey hole next to #3 exhaust port.
                                I gave up trying to coax it in the end and just drilled a thread insert size hole, stopping just short of the stub, then had another wiggle at it. It came out suddenly, like a rotten tooth, which was nice, as it allowed me to complete the hole to the proper depth and put an insert in.
                                ---- Dave
                                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                                X