No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And heres my forge....its been updated....this pic is 2 yrs old....I guess I cant post more than 1 pic per thread....and my buddy Johnny bangin out a knife from a piece of leaf spring....

lotta smoke, my neighbors hate me, but theyre a dunghole bar that keeps me awake till 5am somethines.....fook em....let that coal smke blow on over !!!!

Forge06.jpg
    Last edited by Guest; 12-14-2015, 12:06 AM.

Comment

My buddy Johnny bangin out a tomohawk from a piece of leaf spring....

forge-2015-12-13-22h45m52s167.jpg
      Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

....siiiigh...nuther pic

Attached Files
        Last edited by Guest; 12-16-2015, 06:10 PM. Reason: removing thumbs

Comment

Shame I cant go into "advanced " to remove them thumbs....shame too i can only post one pic per post....I KNOW HTML codes very well too, and just dont seem to work here...mebbe because Im still kinda new and dont have permissions for HTML....I dunno....just gettin frustrating......whatever....

Comment

Carb tear down and repair 101... because it's 70 here instead of snowin' like it's supposed to I am tight on money so I wanted to do my carb cleaning as cheap as I could. I got the oring kit from R. Barr and started teardown. I am using A.C. Vinegar for rust and Pinesol and Pinalen for the varnish.

So I watched some youtubes on vinegar for rust and ran out and bought a gallon and made my own little dip station and even my own cheap ass dipper..... Unfortunately youtube forgot to remind me to save the vinegar for the gas tank and the nuts and bolts instead of the carbs.... oh well....So carb #1 got two baths!

I'm only dipping one carb at a time so I can keep things organized til I get the first one back together at least.
            Will post results ASAP.
            Last edited by Guest; 12-14-2015, 12:26 AM.

Comment

make sure you replace yer float needle seals.....theyre always the first to go bad.....

yer runnin Kunis, right ?....great carbs.....much better than the keihin CVKs.....I got a stuck float in one of my CVKs now (gonna run it for the season, if we ever get "winter")....i picked up a second set and driled out the mains one more size since Im runnin pods and a custom exhaust.....gonna do the same with my GS700....I went from 68hp to 79hp just on the pods and exhaust mods....i bet I can get the GS up to near 100 hp....and yeah, I have access to a dyno.....
              Id remove yer diaphragms before doin too much cleanin too.....theyre real delicate and even std carb cleaner can trash em.....they aint cheap.....mebbe theres another source for the Kunis...dunno....but with my keihins, same parts as on arctic cat snowmobiles at half the price.....justa heads up....willin to bet the same Kunis were used on sumpin else....dont automatically go to a Suzi dealer to replace is all Im sayin.....same mm Kunis were used on countless vehicles....when ya search the part, dont search 19XX Suxuki, etc.....search the actual carb model and size instead.....
              Last edited by Guest; 12-14-2015, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfworksCustoms View Post
                Shame I cant go into "advanced " to remove them thumbs....shame too i can only post one pic per post....I KNOW HTML codes very well too, and just dont seem to work here...mebbe because Im still kinda new and dont have permissions for HTML....I dunno....just gettin frustrating......whatever....
                If you get your pics uploaded to flickr, photobucket, imgur, freeimage, etc,
                either upload the suitably sized pics (like 900x500) or simply take the
                re-sized pic the photo site offers you as a choice; cut 'n paste the pic address from
                the photo site into the 'image' address box that pops up here when you click it.
                That way, you can have a string of pics per post - although there might be a limit, still.
                Anyhow, it makes the post much more manageable if there's only 3 or 4 pics of say, 800x600 on it, instead of
                a dozen full-fat ones.
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Lots of people post multiple photos in a singe message. Check the forum rules and procedures, which will probably explain exactly how to do it. HTML isn't necessary to do it.
                  sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                    If you get your pics uploaded to flickr, photobucket, imgur, freeimage, etc,
                    either upload the suitably sized pics (like 900x500) or simply take the
                    re-sized pic the photo site offers you as a choice; cut 'n paste the pic address from
                    the photo site into the 'image' address box that pops up here when you click it.
                    That way, you can have a string of pics per post - although there might be a limit, still.
                    Anyhow, it makes the post much more manageable if there's only 3 or 4 pics of say, 800x600 on it, instead of
                    a dozen full-fat ones.
                    Originally posted by themess View Post
                    Lots of people post multiple photos in a singe message. Check the forum rules and procedures, which will probably explain exactly how to do it. HTML isn't necessary to do it.
                    I don't know if Wolf ever got the word but there's a ton of valuable information to be had on Basscliff's website - http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/ (may need to set your browser's compatibility mode) including this article on posting pictures: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...t_pictures.pdf

Just trying to help despite your opinion that we are all out to put you down, even if we don't agree with you
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Finished up with the right side brakes on a low mileage '99 Contour "POJ". It took me two days of soaking, heating and pounding to get the rotor off. The left side took me a week. Everything was completely rusted up. I had to replace both rotors, the pads and brake hoses because of rust. Tomorrow I'll finish cleaning up the rest of the left side and assemble everything.

Last night the '02 300M decided to dump it's coolant while out and about. So tonight, in addition to working on the Contours brakes, I pulled it down far enough to see if the radiator had split the side tank, or if it was the upper hose that had failed. I'm unable to tell with 100 percent certainty which one failed but as you can see, the cooling system at some point in time was severely (over pressured*). Two of the coolant tubes are very badly swollen.

*Could also have been hit high at some point in time. More likely this is the reason for the way it looks.

Last edited by rustybronco; 12-15-2015, 11:34 AM.
                      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I remember that's about how hard it was to get the rear drums off my Ford Focus, and that was only 10 years old.
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Got it figured now Grim....thanks brother....
                          Cowboy, what part of Ohio you in ?....I got a few good friends out there just over the Pennsy line.

Comment

West side of the state Wolf
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Ahhh...yer on the other side....but hell, state aint that big (Im a whole Pennsy away from him)....him and his "Buckeye Bunch" as he calls em, go to the Hocking Hills thing every year....in case you ever go, ask around for "Ruger" (should be on a Kawi)....tell em Wolfie sent ya, lol....this country aint as big as folks make it out to be....if ya got the gumption to make the ride, you'll make it....and more than likely will meet some folks that will be friends....no, more than friends....family for life.....Ruger's like a brother....he checks on me now and then to make sure Im still alive, lol......
                              We were gonna do a big gathering at the SteelSteeds campground in central Penn this past summer....well everyones lives got in the way...work, family, etc.....why Im glad Im retired....all I got to worry about is jobs in my shop and my 92 yr old mom....I can take off fer a week, with no problems....kids grown, moved out...me and the ol lady just share the house, thats it.....almost free as a bird....once Mom passes, i will be.....

Comment

Oh yeah....cupla folks mentioned to me about the smithing I do...forging, etc.....if there's enough interest in it, I can start a thread in a Misc section (I think theres one) like the projects section....I make sissy bars, custom levers, knives, tools, you name it....dont cost much to start up.... just takes a lot of time and commitment to practice.....I been doin it for 3 yrs now, and Im still learnin....gettin to be a lost art....
                                But if you guys want me to start a thread, i will....just dont wanna get yelled at again.....I'll start with how to build a forge, gettin a low cost anvil, etc.....its hard work, but more fun than all heck.....and once ya get a finished product, the rewards are worth more than anything.....one of a kind....unique....I got metal stamps that i put my logo on with....I can see 50 yrs from now....who the F**k was "wolfworks" ?....lol

Comment

Working...
                                X