No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rancid! Nice. My younger son digs the song Last One To Die. As do I.
    I look forward to when I can kick back in a warm garage.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Nice job DB!

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Love the Hayabusa and the GS 850 eye candy too.

The 4-1 header looks like mine were except with intact chrome where there wasn't rust and dents/scratches.
        Wasn't ready to paint over the good chrome part , so I taped it off and only treated/ prepped the bad spots (in line sections, due to tape, in middle and bottom of header) came out good for now.

Got a huge discounted Harbor freight flux welder but no garage and it rained, then I went out of town. so no use yet.

Two weeks ago I Drove my daughters out to flea market / farm auction in southern MD to buy them a bunny rabbit from an amish (think amish, wagon and all) couple. Only them and they only had about four to pick from due to rain...No idea what will happen from this all BUT atleast it got saved from being eaten...

Funny thing I went there because the Pet Smart girl had been trained to up-sell so well , she refused to sell us a actual feeder goldfish last year because I had a ten gallon tank, and she wanted me to buy the 700 dollar tank, $50 gravel, 100 dollar filter etc. for a fish intended to get eaten ...then called me a liar basically when I told her our goldfish had been fine, growing and healthy for TWO YEARS in a tank she said would kill it. So finally she says "Maybe but that's cruel because it's internals [guts] will grow bigger than it's body in that tank it will suffer horribly..." (the goldfish that is and "blah blah blah")
        LOL , that actually is what happens to midgets anyway NOT goldfish ,IIRC.

Soooo ,My buddy out that way gave me a huge tank and huge pine shaving bag (for the rabbit) and when I told him why I was up there (Pet-smart girl) he laughed and said," yep,you mean A typical [these days]Northern Virginia A-Hole"

"should've bought it walked out front and bit it's head off in front of the store" ,he said. LOL...

...Anyway been wrenching on an old Benjamin/Sheridan air rifle that some jack@ss promptly broke years ago ...right after I got it and now I get it in my hands after many more years, with some rust starting due to improperly stored...it's half old style/ half newer model in between, or just the older model (Got to know to repair it...Just going to give it to my nephews (again) once I get it working. About to make a valve tool from a 1/4" driver in a minute, and pull the old style valve.

Funny thing about all this, I had a few job interviews in Outer Banks North Carolina the past week and IF I get it I gotta move not just the MC and stuff but NOW a welder, a bunny, etc. nonsense mentioned .

There's beaches, dune buggies, hang-gliding, fishing, boating , lots of stuff and great relaxing too there...got fingers crossed.

I'll be seperating some scrap metal, finishing the outdoor rabbit hutch I started (welded wire from lowe's and a file cabinet...) Rabbits are pretty awesome IMO, no mean bone in them. can sell their babies with a cage/hutch or let them go, and shoot them and eat them and skin them later. Weird. Good though IMO.

Going to go for ride and sort out what carburetor needs to be top notch. It was 60's and sunny in OBX this past week. EVERY day would've been good for riding. Very nice place. Awesome for family and relaxing. Got one probably definate part-time job lined up (20 hours/wk) trying to decide on it thinking couldn't be much worse than my full-time in Northern VA...
        Time to wrench , stoopid scrap metal, my Saturday and I might get $10/hr. have to clean truck...stripping aluminum cable fun fun...need truck cleaned out today. God Bless.

Comment

81 GS450EX..... quote for shop doing my fork oil change out $290, my price $10 oil, $20 tool, $0 (woulda been $20) new mirror...... so, everything was going great until I went to compress the forks (still on bike) and pinched my OEM passenger mirror.. luckily I have the salvage 450 I bought a couple weeks ago. NOTE TO SELF... when removing handlebars....take off the mirrors first. Dumbarse attack on that one. But hey... my front end doesn't bottom out at stop signs now.

Comment

The Cafe-G project... Finally I see something I want to do with this L.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              It must be because it's up on a jack, but I'm reminded of all the brat bikes with low seats and high bars.
              I hope you're not headed for that look. I lowered the front end of my last 2 bike projects for better turn in.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Disassembled the GS750 carbs today

Here's one of the needle jets with clogged passages:

The PO assured me that the carbs had been `rebuilt' recently....

Carb. #1 and all it's bits are in the bucket tonight.
                1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                1977 GS550
                1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

The front end is unsprung... So it will drop few inches (gotta love those L folks). Super bike bars installed.

We will see what happens. It will likely surprise me too
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Nothing much today - another section of workshop wall insulated. I'll feel the difference during the remainder of this winter, and hopefully get the rest of it finished off during the summer.
                    Once get the upper floor complete, the crap that's still downstairs occupying space in the outer workshop can be stored up there, and I'll have at the floor, digging out some rubble and throwing down some concrete, enabling me to store the daily riders out there, leaving the workshop with more room.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Nice. I was insulating duct today at work and saved some cuts that were otherwise trash to plug up some spots in my spottily insulated garage.

And I filled the bike with oil.
                      Last edited by dorkburger; 02-05-2017, 12:13 AM.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

We finally got around to repainting the bedroom our daughter occupied while she was here. Several years ago I helped her paint it pink, then she took markers or paint sticks of some sort and wrote Bible verses, quotes from movies, and favorite sayings on all walls and the ceiling. Her room looked like a high school yearbook signed by the whole class! I'm on primer coat number five trying to hide this stuff. Ive never had anything bleed through so many coats like this. I even scrubbed the marker off with those grime boss wipes before the first coat. Ugh, may wind up with paneling or just skim coat and re texture the room
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                          It must be because it's up on a jack, but I'm reminded of all the brat bikes with low seats and high bars.
                          I hope you're not headed for that look. I lowered the front end of my last 2 bike projects for better turn in.
                          Looks more like a bobber type deal to me. But regardless cafè bikes have a high ass and low front. Unless youre at the local hardly dealership and looking at their idea of a "cafe" which is just a baby sportster with bubble style windscreen. Jedz123 im not knocking your bike at all, in fact i like it i like the style but its not a cafe.
                          I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            Clipons rearsets and the front lower than the rear and id say it'd be a nice cafeish beast pal
                            I build Pipers

Comment

Today i got most of my lightning harnesses done. Cluster is fully mounted and fully functional now all lights, gear indicator, and gas gauge.(yay!) Next step was adding in the head light and tail light. For some reason i cant seem to get the head light to work. Its a brand new bulb and its wired up properly (that i know of) tomorrow im going to isolate the head light circuit and see if i can get it to work. If not ill return the bulb for another and if that doesn't work ill be on here to confirm my hack job wiring haha
                              I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                                Clipons rearsets and the front lower than the rear and id say it'd be a nice cafeish beast pal
                                Gotcha!. Thanks for the constructive input.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X