what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    PB those forks look great. Where did you send the rotors to?
    Truedisk.net , ...guy named Tom in Michigan. $45 for the work, $26 for shipping there n' back....and thanks on the forks...lookin forward to the day when there's NOT anything to polish...
    Last edited by Pb9717; 04-02-2017, 07:48 PM.
    PB
    Central Jersey
    82' Suzuki GS750T

"Old school is the best school"

Comment

exhaust header ceramic coat is done, I know what I am wrenching on tomorrow...
      1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Finished putting Charmayne's headlight bucket and a few other odds and ends together and then did a carb sync on her bike. Once I finished waxing my chain, I managed to get out for about a 7 mile shake down ride and realized I put the chain guard on slightly wrong. I'll fix it tomorrow as we had to leave for my birthday dinner.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
          exhaust header ceramic coat is done, I know what I am wrenching on tomorrow...
          Better post some pics! Mind if I ask what it ran you?

Originally posted by Pb9717 View Post
          Truedisk.net , ...guy named Tom in Michigan. $45 for the work, $26 for shipping there n' back....and thanks on the forks...lookin forward to the day when there's NOT anything to polish...
          PB, can we polish mine? Those look great!!!
          Last edited by Guest; 04-02-2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Finally got around to redoing the seat on the ol' 80' 1000G. New Pit Replica seat cover and freshly painted seat pan, also put in some new foam.

2017-04-02_08-04-41 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

2017-04-02_08-05-00 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

As most others have said, not as good a quality as stock but it's about the only choice now a days.

2017-04-02_08-05-24 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

As others have said, some use and some heat will help the wrinkles to disappear (I hope). All in all I'm happy with the improvement. No more black duck tape.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Looks good Rob! I bought a seat for my 850 whose cover is in very nearly new condition, but the pan isn't perfect. When you painted yours, did you just mask off the label and the various holes?

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Pb9717 View Post
                After a fork spring replacement on my 82' 750T, I noticed my brakes appear to have never been serviced by the previous owner. So I opted to pull the rotor, send it for resurfacing, and whilst the front end was apart, polished the recently upgraded forks. I also painted the center of the rotor cloud silver before sending it out, on a lark, to change up the color a bit in front. Also removed all the brake dust and road grime from the front wheel, (which also just got a new shinko 230 last week, replacing a 17 year old Bridestone.. scary) The Rotor comes back tomorrow and new steel brake lines, new pads get installed. Nice and calming polishing forks on a sunny April Sunday....Pics for fun below.

The left unfinished, right one just done...

both all done

front wheel ready for new disk...

my new favorite tool..
                Lookin' good Pete! I've got an Ignition Switch to install and fork rebuild going on but first I need a spot weld done on the left side frame where the rear signal bracket is. I need to get a polisher so I can make my forks look as good as yours.

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by bsharpish View Post
                  thanks .... pretty much all 82 GS1100E other than CB900F rear shocks (I like the lifted look and it's about the ride height of a gs1000 race bike)
                  It does look fantastic man, have you checked your rake and trail since lifting the rear?
                  I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                    Finally got around to redoing the seat on the ol' 80' 1000G. New Pit Replica seat cover and freshly painted seat pan, also put in some new foam.

2017-04-02_08-04-41 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

2017-04-02_08-05-00 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

As most others have said, not as good a quality as stock but it's about the only choice now a days.

2017-04-02_08-05-24 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

As others have said, some use and some heat will help the wrinkles to disappear (I hope). All in all I'm happy with the improvement. No more black duck tape.
                    Itll probably shrink to the foam after setting in the sun a few times, looks great man
                    I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                      It does look fantastic man, have you checked your rake and trail since lifting the rear?
                      Still fine tuning the suspension set up ....... I'm a "seat of the pants" technician , however, it's close to what I want
                      I'm not sure but think the 1100E arm is slightly longer so the revised geometry is close to stock ..... once funds recover from my tax bill I plan on going with. 18" spoked wheels which should quicken up the turn in as it's rock solid stable at the moment and I like a flighty ride (you should have seen the S4RS monster I had - borderline scary instability)
                      78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
                      82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
                      83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
                      2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
                      Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                        Looks good Rob! I bought a seat for my 850 whose cover is in very nearly new condition, but the pan isn't perfect. When you painted yours, did you just mask off the label and the various holes?

Scott
                        I masked off the label but I didn't have to mask the holes as I had the foam off. I tired scuffing up the original paint and spray over but it didn't adhere well so I sand blasted the whole thing.
                        Rob
                        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                          Itll probably shrink to the foam after setting in the sun a few times, looks great man
                          Ya, that's what I'm hoping, now all I need is some sun/heat
                          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                            Ya, that's what I'm hoping, now all I need is some sun/heat
                            You could try a hair dryer, see what that does for shrinking.
                            Me, I think nothing will happen. However I would try heating it up then pulling it tight and fastening it again. That might work.
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

tinkering with the old fzr. Its stuck in second, pulling the clutch basket and then inspecting the shift drum and forks. The clutch rod is bent to absolute ****e..
                              I build Pipers

Comment

Clutch push rod
                                I build Pipers

Comment

Working...
                                X