what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    More, scraping, cleaning, Painting and a couple Satellite dish removals... It's getting there!!! Only one side left!
    Ah... the joys of home ownership. For those of us who actually give a damn about our homes, that is.

This year's project, unexpectedly, was an above ground pool. Started just under 1 month ago. Site was leveled by my brother in law with his backhoe. All other work was done by myself by hand.

Still missing some finishing touches on the deck. Will have those done this week. Also needs landscaping all around, hopefully also this week.

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
      Ah... the joys of home ownership. For those of us who actually give a damn about our homes, that is.

This year's project, unexpectedly, was an above ground pool. Started just under 1 month ago. Site was leveled by my brother in law with his backhoe. All other work was done by myself by hand.

Still missing some finishing touches on the deck. Will have those done this week. Also needs landscaping all around, hopefully also this week.
      Woah! Great Share!
      Mrs. Jedz has been talking about a similar idea in our back yard except have the deck off the house to the pool (our yard levels to the back). I like what you did here!!!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Wow, Justin and Mario. You guys have been busy. For the first time in a few years, I thankfully have no big summer home project. I actually went against my cheap nature a few years ago and paid to have our pool installed. The $500 was well worth it to me. They did everything, including levelling the yard which had a decent slope. I did have to do the electric, including digging a long trench though...
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

If I were to do another pool in another house in the future, I'd pay to have it installed too. The electric and the deck, I can handle. The installing of the pool, however... SHEESH! What a freaking nightmare!

Comment

Really... I give my dad credit. He bought a neighbors pool when the neighbor became frustrated with the upkeep (he was not a patient man). Dad took it down carted it up the street to our house and set it up.
            He also replaced the liner after about 15 years. It was then good for another 15 plus.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Spooned some new shoes on the ES yesterday, new grips too in prep for track day next monday! Now just an oil change, pod clean and prep, and a good bath and we'll be cookin'! Woot!!
              1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Got all the parts to rebuild top end, including new clutch fibers, steels, inner hub, starter clutch, used head, bored cylinders, new pistons.
                Cylinder boring was the last thing to do, but I had to find a block somewhere. Ended up being from Texas.
                Took a long time fussing with ring orientation and getting them into the bores. Not much taper on the bored sleeves.

GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                  Spooned some new shoes on the ES yesterday, new grips too in prep for track day next monday! Now just an oil change, pod clean and prep, and a good bath and we'll be cookin'! Woot!!
                  Track day?
                  We will need proof in the form of pics. haha.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Worked on my 77 Wing. Some of this is a PITA, but it's a cool old bike. Got it running really well with a 380 dollar carb rebuild (all genuine Honda parts). I'm done working on it when I get the lights wired, a buddy wants it. Buddies are always cheap ba+tards.

Comment

After taking care of everyone else, I went to work on my GS550L. Got the carbs off, and started working on replacing the intake o-rings. Of course I had one screw head stripped out. Fortunately I got a new set of screws along with the carb and intake o-rings. It wasn't a bad day, but I'd kill for an uninterrupted week in a proper shop.

Comment

Just out of curiosities sake, I checked to see if the key out of my 78 GS1000 was the same as my old 79 GS1000. Oh yea, same key! Now do they fit the 82 GS1100 I hung all the 78 body work on, so I dont need 2 keys? Oh yea, plugs right in.
                        Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                        Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                        Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

A 4 year range, 3 different bikes and this is the ignition key?
                          It would have been a lot easier being a thief back then.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Put 30 miles on new pistons/rings, used head, bored cylinders. Did 2 heat cycles in the driveway yesterday to check oil level after dry.
                            20 minutes cooling between short startup procedure with moderate revving. Today lit it up, rode about 20 miles varying rpm the whole time.
                            Some 2nd gear rev to roll off several times, then 3rd rev to roll off, then 4th rev to roll off. 20 minute break. Rode another 10 miles took another twenty minute break between heat cycles. Rode home 2 miles and parked it for the night.
                            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

LMAO. I did that by accident with my girlfriend's truck a few years back. I was so used to pulling my keys off my right side that I did it out of habit, even though I had her key in my left hand. 3 year difference between my S-10, and her 1500. She just looked in disbelief when I showed her.

Back on track with this thread though, today I was chasing a charging problem with my S-10. Still have not figured it out, and it started raining.

Comment

I'm going to start this off by saying YouTube sucks and shouldn't be trusted completely. Charmayne's 1997 Pontiac Sunfire has had problems with the heater fan only working on high since we bought it. After a quick search of Google and YouTube, I bought a new resistor and installed it tonight. The video was correct that it is a pain to get to the screws that hold the resistor in place and requires contortion of every body part just to reach back against the firewall once you get the kick panel off. However, it also gave bad information by stating those screws were 6mm After about an hour of fighting with the screw in the back using the 6mm socket stated in the video, I finally decided to run over to the garage for my standard sockets. 5 minutes later it was out and the new one was put back in. I could only secure it though with the front screw as the back fell down under the floor carpeting.

Now off to replacing both front window regulators sometime this weekend.
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X